Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Drones
I got my first chance to play as one of these bad boys today, so I thought I'd make a thread for feedback on it, since they're still being worked on.
  • Give em a popup on starting that tells you their laws. I went around dropping burgers next to people before noticing the laws section and that you're supposed to avoid interaction
  • The Magnet picker up thingie probably doesn't need two settings, since as far as I can tell there's no real reason to use the low power mode.
  • They should have some kinda cleaning tool. I tried throwing away bits of garbage into the trash can with the mag arm, but it wouldn't let you transfer things. Couldn't do anything about blood and graffiti on the floor
[Image: df4451c191.jpg]
[Image: 594a9eba24.png]
Love//Drone

Two things:
- Not sure if any sort of communication should be possible, even if I really do like being able to use crayons/writing implements. This is probably more of a 'you didn't follow your laws; get dronebanned'' type thing I guess.

- We can still see names and actions via actions between individuals. Again, if the laws are followed it's no problem, though this doesn't seem to fit with the nifty 'can't tell who's who' theme.
Number one law says to avoid interaction with the crew, does this mean you have to listen to someone when they tell you to stop fixing things?
One of your laws is to fix things. You have no reason to follow crew orders, the fact you can even hear crew is just a convenience thing. There's going to be no way to sanely fix all of the communication methods so yeah, if you abuse it you'll just be jobbanned from it.
I just figured the laws to mean 'You're 'dead' so don't go affecting the round beyond fixing/beautification'. After that I basically just rp a DRD from farscape that has been upgraded with hat wearing capabilities.

Do wanna say though, I really enjoy the opportunity GDs present. It's like maiming and or killing a large group of birds with a single hefty stone-like object. Well, I think that's how that saying goes anyways.
What're the laws and how do these happen? I saw one earlier this round, but I thought it was just the AI in a reskinned shell.
The laws are pretty much "Dont interact with the big static things. Fix the shit that the holes in reality inevitably make. And the bigger bots are dumb and are useless to you endevors, so don't waste time with them."

Really, as long as you buddy up with your fellow drones and fix shit up, you'll be fine. Hell, if it's a slow day, I encourage you to go on little drone adventures and see if you can expand the station a tad. Make a little drone sat with your own little drone terminal network and shit. just don't interfere with the round.