Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Scrap into a material from recycling.dm
I would like 'scrap' to be changed into a functioning material, where you can use it on a workbench to make various items. What and why? Scrap is a item produced from the gibber near the arc smelter room. With that, you can gib a player and turn it into bloody scrap. I would like to use that as a material in the workbench so I can have gory walls and floors. This would allow me to make a base/fort out of my victims. I don't know coding, but I assume, it involves a little bit of copying and pasting, but I could be very wrong. This would be neat and allow traitors to do something new, to dispose of their victims in a horrifying way. Instead of hiding their corpse, you could display them as furniture or pod armor.
It would be nice if scrap at least could be smelted into metal so we can have the most common used material easily replacable... without mining ya cant run the fabricators for long and even patch a hole, if ya lack metal sheets!
i always wondered why you couldn't take scrap from the crusher and refine it into something usable
Scrap afaik CAN be loaded into a portable reclaimer, just as cyborg bits can.
But afaik it just defaults to metal, so it's not much use.

It'd be better if in conjuction with a material's rewrite, scrap can be essentially "wildcard" material, which has randomly generated stats. You can then smelt this with another ore to fortify it.
(08-22-2016, 04:42 AM)Sundance Wrote: Scrap afaik CAN be loaded into a portable reclaimer, just as cyborg bits can.
But afaik it just defaults to metal, so it's not much use.

It'd be better if in conjuction with a material's rewrite, scrap can be essentially "wildcard" material, which has randomly generated stats. You can then smelt this with another ore to fortify it.

Garbonium, the trash element!
There's actually an indication in the code that something like this was planned at one point.