Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it be a good idea to remove napalm spray bottles.
I am under the personal assumption that napalm spray bottles as the stand and quite frankly overpowered and should remove or severely limited. The bottle it's self is fairly easy to get for any scientist with an emag while holding destructive power similar if not greater than that of a c-saber. This coupled with the fact that the individual who is using this method to obtain a bottle can also perches a cloaker and become nigh unstoppable without a competent sec team, and even then it is still a toss up.

I fully support the use of innovative and improvised weaponry, but the ability to simply decimate the entire crew with total impunity is just unfair. I propose that spray bottles that have napalm placed in them should melt. I would also appreciate others opinions on my proposition.
I've never understood how a flimsy spray bottle that is supposed to just contain cleaner can be able to handle a super hot chembomb full of toxins and napalm, Maybe make a special spray bottle as a traitor item that has a capacity on the amount you can put in it?
it isn't even napalm

it's fucking discount dan's that anyone can get with no trouble
Napalm isn't the problem here, as it does no damage by itself and can be put out. Spray bottles as a whole aren't that lethal...

BUT

Dans mixture is so horribly dangerous it's not even funny, and practically anyone can sit by a vending machine and buy Dans then stuff it in a spray bottle!

Yesterday some asshole none traitor janitor sprayed me ONCE with Dans and it instantly killed me which is nuts!
At least remove the face melting ability of the Dans oil which does a ton of damage!
It's not napalm's fault in any way; it's the Space Soybean oil. One easy way to fix this would to just replace all oil with Substitute Space-Soybean Oil which already exists and doesn't share the same properties.

This could only be replaced in normal dans; burritos and soybeans in Botany should still give normal oil, which shouldn't be nerfed.

not everything which is lethal should be instant-nerfed because someone uses it
Discount dans should be boosted with more oil per container!

Also, bring back sorium and put it in discount dans.
I've suggested this like since forever.
Honestly I should be nerfed to shit.
Cyalume saber costs 7 telecrystals, is really fucking noisy, really obvious hand-sprite, you need to be a tile away, leaves blood all over you.
Spray bottles cost nothing, can be robbed from a janitor or his office, once inserted with desperate dan's can almost kill you in one shot, isn't noisy, isn't really obvious hand sprite, and worst of all: Doesn't waste, or at least appears that way.

Two possible fixes: Make the spray alot weaker, as in it'll take 4-5 sprays to kill someone
OR
Fix how much liquid can go in the damn thing, and how much sprays it takes to empty it out.

Probably the former.
Sundance Wrote:Honestly I should be nerfed to shit.

it*

Note that I should also be nerfed. Think of that as you will
Here are some facts about spray bottles;

- they hold 1000 units
- if they're filled with something by default, it's maxed out e.g. 1000 units of Space Cleaner

and I can't go further than that because everything else is revealing lethal secrets. They don't need a nerf; the things that go inside them do.

Nobody complains about fire extinguishers, when they also hold things that can be sprayed, but that's because things like napalm won't work in it. This might be a good approach to take with spray bottles.
Im still amazed that plastic fucking bottles that are mean't to contain space cleaner it able to hold 1000 units full of death and toxins while a fire extinguisher cannot hold a fraction of that. It makes no sense.
I was under the impression that it was not a certain chemical, but simply the huge fucking amount of different superheated chemicals inside of the spray bottle filled with Dan's that killed. That it was each chemical applying superheated liquid damage.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Im still amazed that plastic fucking bottles that are mean't to contain space cleaner it able to hold 1000 units full of death and toxins while a fire extinguisher cannot hold a fraction of that. It makes no sense.
My thought on this is that it is meant to represent the fact that a spray bottle sprays a micro-amount of the fluid when it is squirted. Byond, however, doesn't work well in fractions. Instead of giving it only 50 sprays, which would be unrealistic, they made it so that you can give it the proper number of sprays by loading it up with chems. Proportionally, 1000 sprays of 1 unit each is taking the place of 50 sprays of .05 units each.
MEOW POW Wrote:I was under the impression that it was not a certain chemical, but simply the huge fucking amount of different superheated chemicals inside of the spray bottle filled with Dan's that killed. That it was each chemical applying superheated liquid damage.

No, it sprays a set amount every time; you can make a spray just as potent as dans if you just take the lethal chemicals rather than random shit.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:My thought on this is that it is meant to represent the fact that a spray bottle sprays a micro-amount of the fluid when it is squirted. Byond, however, doesn't work well in fractions. Instead of giving it only 50 sprays, which would be unrealistic, they made it so that you can give it the proper number of sprays by loading it up with chems. Proportionally, 1000 sprays of 1 unit each is taking the place of 50 sprays of .05 units each.

I recall being killed by this method about three times, each time only two sprays at most killed me.So either Byond is counting it as 1000 full sprays, or the chemicals are wayyyyyyyy too strong.
MEOW POW Wrote:I was under the impression that it was not a certain chemical, but simply the huge fucking amount of different superheated chemicals inside of the spray bottle filled with Dan's that killed. That it was each chemical applying superheated liquid damage.
This was also what I was told. Dan's itself isn't actually that lethal.

Suggested test: fill a spray bottle with a huge variety of nonlethal chems and superheat them