Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentorhelp
Currently mentorhelp is very buggy, to say the least (and adminhelp too, i'm pretty sure) and alot of the bugs are known by coders aswell, but noone seems to fix them. The bugs aren't exactly breaking the mentorhelp system, per say, but they're still bugs non the less

here's some of the bugs:
-Mentors are not able to respond to pre-game. If they try to, it will inactivate the ready button
-If a mentor tries to reply to an admin PM, they will randomly send it to someone (dont know if its sent to the admin, or a random person) else as a mentorhelp
-if a mentor replies to a mentorhelp, and the one asking the question, replies back. the name will be visible to alive mentors.

theres probably more, but i cant think of any else right now
Lots of these still exist. Namely the name one.
preround adminhelps don't work either
As a bit of an update to this, as to why it happens. I heard a coder saying that it was because adminhelp (and mentorhelp, since its more or less a copy paste of adminhelp) sends the message to the mob, and not directly to the client, so since no one has a character pre-round, there's no mob for the mentor (and admin) to send the message to. Which means that the person you're trying to respond to, won't get the message since byond doesn't have anything to send it to.
I don't know if this is at all true, but knowing byond it wouldn't really surprise me
Quote:-If a mentor tries to reply to an admin PM, they will randomly send it to someone (dont know if its sent to the admin, or a random person) else as a mentorhelp

I've had this happen without admin PMs. (Though rarely)

I got into a long conversation about superpowers with someone in mentorhelp, then some poor bloke thought I was an admin who had sent him a long message about genetics and monkeys.
Quote:-If a mentor tries to reply to an admin PM, they will randomly send it to someone (dont know if its sent to the admin, or a random person) else as a mentorhelp

I've never had an admin's PM-Reply go to a random player, but about half the time I respond to an admin PM it will just say "That player no longer exists or has logged out", even if I'm responding in less than 10 seconds.
Wydamn Wrote:

I've never had an admin's PM-Reply go to a random player, but about half the time I respond to an admin PM it will just say "That player no longer exists or has logged out", even if I'm responding in less than 10 seconds.

I think that is of the admins own doing, though.
Klayboxx Wrote:I think that is of the admins own doing, though.
Nah because it happens when trying to reply to mentorhelps sometimes too.
more bugs
If someone replies to one mentor, the other mentors will not see the message.
Yeah I coded this completely retardedly for reasons that now escape me, I keep meaning to redo it but ughh
I can't respond to an admin using mentorhelp
Quote:MENTORHELP: Heiraphont: If the mentorhelp thing is still broken, let Infinite Monkeys know. Posting in the current thread: http://www.autisticpowers.info/ss13/for ... p?f=7&t=93 would be immensely helpful, I'm sure.

Yeah, Klayboxx and I got this message and I pointed out the irony of not being able to respond.

I also couldn't answer to an AI who mentorhelped really early, before he even had his name set.