Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
add a space cleaner dispenser to the janitor's office
either just have it straight up dispense the cleaner or make it so you can dump in vomit/blood/other nastiness into it to convert into space cleaner
(05-18-2016, 05:20 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: either just have it straight up dispense the cleaner or make it so you can dump in vomit/blood/other nastiness into it to convert into space cleaner

Only if we can emag it to make it dispense space lube.
This is what your sponge is for, it lets you recycle water/cleaner.

(Also urine, blood, vomit, gunpowder, salt and magnesium.)
Wait, that's what the sponge does?
(05-18-2016, 05:39 PM)Grek Wrote: This is what your sponge is for, it lets you recycle water/cleaner.

(Also urine, blood, vomit, gunpowder, salt and magnesium.)

To my knowledge, it doesn't let you recycle cleaner.

The cleaner doesn't leave any reagent behind.
(05-18-2016, 05:45 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Wait, that's what the sponge does?

Apply the sponge to a wet floor to dry it. No more slips
(05-18-2016, 06:43 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Apply the sponge to a wet floor to dry it. No more slips

Everyone knows pro janitors just fill their mop bucket with vodka. Cleans just as well and you don't need to dry up afterward to prevent slips

Click spill with sponge to remove spill. Click bucket with sponge to full bucket with the reagent. You can go a whole round on a single bucket of water if you use your sponge properly.
Space cleaner is for spray bottles. Kinda supposed to be limited so you have to use the mop. If you're using space cleaner with a mop and bucket then you're some kind of sicko deviant.

Just mop the floors with chocolate and eat the leftovers. Or anything that doesn't slip people, you sick monsters.
i use fire foamtanks as my preferred non-slip mopping formula. theyre often parked near to janitors offices in maint too so its easy to refill. mopping takes enough time without me having to worry about sponging shit up

itd be nice if the janitors bucket held more than 50 units of reagent tho. there are beakers and pitchers and watering cans and shit that hold more than the janitors big blue bucket
(05-19-2016, 12:51 PM)misto Wrote: itd be nice if the janitors bucket held more than 50 units of reagent tho. there are beakers and pitchers and watering cans and shit that hold more than the janitors big blue bucket

I never use the big pull-around bucket anyway. You can just wet the mop directly from the small, blue, portable bucket. It holds 30 units, and is small enough to fit in your pocket. It doesn't get in the way as much, and it's much less likely to be stolen.
It'd be REALLY nice if we could refill the buffer directly from tanks and sinks, but I understand how horrible that could be I guess. Still wish we had it so I didn't have to go find an artbeaker.

I stay with my opinion on space cleaner though. If we could make it without hassle then the mop would get too little use as janitors actually like to clean things while slipping people surprisingly.
(05-19-2016, 04:14 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: It'd be REALLY nice if we could refill the buffer directly from tanks and sinks, but I understand how horrible that could be I guess. Still wish we had it so I didn't have to go find an artbeaker.

Just empty out a welding fuel tank and use that.

Since it holds 400 units, it'll let you fill up the buffer a lot quicker.

Edit: Actually, it'd be really nice if we could toggle the buff-r-matic's spray nozzle on and off, so we aren't constantly using up its reagents.

It looks like this was a planned feature at one point, but, for whatever reason, it was never finished.

Maybe toggling the sprayer off could also increase the speed of the buffer from its current godawful sluggishness to more segway-esque speeds.

I mean, I'd be all for full-on turbo boost speeds, but that should probably stay an admin gimmick exclusive thing.
improvements to help make the buffer a practical item and thus get brought out into circulation more often rather than being left to collect dust are a definite plus
Aren't there big bottles of cleaner lying around? It's also not a very complicated chem recipe.