Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a magnifier in the detectives office
Allow this magnifier to examine even better, the fingerprints, and be more specific.
For the detective this would be cool.
he coould also burn space ants with it, or tape it to a rod and hold it in front of a laser gun to create a deadly sniper laser
I don't see how a magnifying glass would be better than a fully computerized forensic scanner from the future.
It could exist as an achievement skin like the satchel or captains uniform
(05-16-2016, 07:05 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I don't see how a magnifying glass would be better than a fully computerized forensic scanner from the future.

It's a VERY GOOD magnifying glass.

Real high-quality glass.
(05-16-2016, 07:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: It could exist as an achievement skin like the satchel or captains uniform

I like this plan.
Support making it an achievement skin for the forenSic analyzer
(05-16-2016, 07:39 PM)Grifflez Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 07:05 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I don't see how a magnifying glass would be better than a fully computerized forensic scanner from the future.

It's a VERY GOOD magnifying glass.

Real high-quality glass.

http://www.planar.com/innovations/transparent-oled/

Like a Oled Display but embedded into a magnifying glass.

Either that or detective has memorized everyone on the station's fingerprints, explaining how he can refer to the security records.

That said I do kinda like the idea of the magnifying glass being a low tech and easily craftable way to find things like fingerprints. Minus the access to security records. We already have lenses and rods and Lens + rod on the workbench can't be that difficult of a recipe.

At the very least, it would give people a reason not to break into detective's office and steal his forensic scanner. Especially if they want to do their own investigations.
Im changing it, make the magnifier able to tell if somebody touched it, burned it, and see if its bloody.
I just want to burn ants and melt spessman figurines.
(05-18-2016, 08:28 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I just want to burn ants and melt spessman figurines.

Maybe examining something with the magnifying glass shows fingerprints, but clicking on something with the magnifying glass gives off a tiny amount of heat? Cue someone spending an hour attempting to light a cigarette with a magnifying glass.
personally I'm in favour of it just being a fun forensic scanner achievement skin. Low clutter, quaint, works out.