Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf the Cold speed reduction affect
So if you get exposed to any part of the station that is really cold  you can barely move. Walking down a hallway that would not even take 30 seconds now takes up to 2 minutes to get down. I asking for either two things to happen

1. The effect no longer last as long as it does now, how much that gets reduce I'll leave up for discussiont
2. Have the effect stay as is but make it so we move a little bit faster. SO it's not completely unbearable.

I am only complaining about this as I've see many people saying the same thing. That it needs to be nerfed and for the fact that every single round I get hit with this effect which leads to really annoying situations. I am not lying either I get hit with this effect EVERY. SINGLE. ROUND. So I think it's something that should be addressed and discussed.
This is already in Idea Limbo:

http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6211

But yes, I wholeheartedly agree.

EDIT: I feel like the issue lies more with the atmos than with the cold slowdown itself.

But just mentioning the word atmos sends coders into a cold sweat.
Yep. It only takes one missing tile to screw up an entire hallway. I'm surprised more lings don't take advantage of this.

We need a decompression-related effect, yes. I understand and agree with that. At this point I'd rather have boiling blood though. That's how monotonous this level of cold slowdown is.
This is actually a pretty good use for robust coffee, as you can pretty much negate the cold with a cup in you. I'd like to see it become more prevalent, but I don't know how.
please
again I'll put my two cents in: YES DO IT FINALLY PLEASE GOSH
cold slowdown is boring and irritating and monotonous (thx vitatroll)
it's not even that there are consequences to decompression that bug me, it's that this particular one is so stupidly offensive to having fun and playing the game in any capacious way even if it doesn't kill you
Cold movement has ruined a lot of what could of been robust and fun combat situations for me and others because you're moving at snail's pace and cant dodge anything.
My two cents on this. I think cold movement is fine in and of itself, because you could weaponize it to keep someone moving slow.
What I'd rather see changed is the RATE in which a person gets cold due to exposure, which happens almost instantly. If it took longer to reach maximum cold it would be better. Leave instant coldness to chems and wizard spells, or some kind of cold cannon.
(05-15-2016, 09:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: My two cents on this. I think cold movement is fine in and of itself, because you could weaponize it to keep someone moving slow.
What I'd rather see changed is the RATE in which a person gets cold due to exposure, which happens almost instantly. If it took longer to reach maximum cold it would be better. Leave instant coldness to chems and wizard spells, or some kind of cold cannon.

Yes.

Yes god, please.

Also, I'd love a cold cannon.
(05-15-2016, 08:41 PM)Megapaco Wrote: Cold movement has ruined a lot of what could of been robust and fun combat situations for me and others because you're moving at snail's pace and cant dodge anything.
(05-15-2016, 09:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: My two cents on this. I think cold movement is fine in and of itself, because you could weaponize it to keep someone moving slow.

This one. Keep things as they are but slightly reduce the rate at which you get cold. Keep things like depressurizing areas or filling them with super-chilled CO2 as viable options for screwing with (and potentially killing) the unprepared.
(05-15-2016, 11:20 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This is already in Idea Limbo:

http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6211

But yes, I wholeheartedly agree.

EDIT: I feel like the issue lies more with the atmos than with the cold slowdown itself.

But just mentioning the word atmos sends coders into a cold sweat.

looks like it's going to the idea limbo again Mad Max 

I mean agreed again, it's a good idea.
it is done!

I boosted the temperature resistance of spacepersons by 20%. It should give you enough time to dash through cold areas and stuff if you are fast. let me know if this is too much/not enough.

EDIT: also improved emergency suits
(05-16-2016, 09:58 AM)MyBlueCorners Wrote: it is done!

I boosted the temperature resistance of spacepersons by 20%. It should give you enough time to dash through cold areas and stuff if you are fast. let me know if this is too much/not enough.

HALLELUJAH!