[FEATURE] Infernal Contracts - A Chaplain Traitor Item/Admin Gimmick
I IRONED OUT ALL THE BUGS I COULD FIND.

IT'S DONE NOW.

I'M THROUGH WITH IT.

Edit: I did it again.

Expect changes over the next few days.

IT'S FINALLY DONE.

HALLELUJAH!

This is basically a patch that adds a brand new traitor item for the chaplain and a couple of things for admins to use as gimmicks.

It's a whole lot more in depth than that, but it's 2:48 AM over here, so I'm barely able to write this sentence, let alone a changelog.

This fucking monstrosity has wasted way too much of my time for me to justify its existence, but here it is anyway.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s?expand=1
What does this do, exactly, to a layman that can't figure out how to use GitHub and snoop in files effectively
(05-14-2016, 03:00 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: What does this do, exactly, to a layman that can't figure out how to use GitHub and snoop in files effectively

Basically a kit that lets traitorous chaplains and bored admins make diabolical contracts. If someone signs the contract, they get great power in exchange for their soul.

The loss of soul, in this case, being represented by permanent cluwne transformation.

As I said in the edit, I'm gonna expand upon it.
Sounds like a nice way to give a structured admin gimmick. Maybe finding a consequence other than being cluwned would be nice, though. Then again, it fits.
It adds a 12 telecrystal chaplain-exclusive traitor item called a "Faustian Bargain Kit". This consists of a bright red briefcase containing a bright red lawyer's suit, three "infernal contracts" and three "infernal pens". If someone clicks a infernal contract with an infernal pen, they are turned into a "faustian cluwne". Faustian cluwnes have the usual cluwne drawbacks (cursed clothing, clumsy, brain damage, jitters, obesity, etc.) but gains a number of incurable, genetics-proof mutations (horns, cosmetic fire aura, superfarting, reagent puking and phasing), and become antagonists with the objective of "You have sold your soul and become an avatar of evil! Spread darkness across the land!". Unlike regular cluwnes, they get to rename themselves upon signing the contract just like the clown does on roundstart.

As far as I can tell, all of the infernal contracts have unlimited uses. Filling out a contract doesn't destroy the contract, so you can cluwne anyone who's willing to sign the dotted line. If its supposed to be 3 uses only, the cost should probably be less than 12 crystals.

The briefcase itself functions as a weakish stun weapon, doing 70 stamina damage compared to a toolbox's 40 and a stun baton's 275.

That said, the signing message should use use /his_or_her instead of /his. Women make infernal bargains too!
(05-14-2016, 04:39 PM)Grek Wrote: It adds a 12 telecrystal chaplain-exclusive traitor item called a "Faustian Bargain Kit". This consists of a bright red briefcase containing a bright red lawyer's suit, three "infernal contracts" and three "infernal pens". If someone clicks a infernal contract with an infernal pen, they are turned into a "faustian cluwne". Faustian cluwnes have the usual cluwne drawbacks (cursed clothing, clumsy, brain damage, jitters, obesity, etc.) but gains a number of incurable, genetics-proof mutations (horns, cosmetic fire aura, superfarting, reagent puking and phasing), and become antagonists with the objective of "You have sold your soul and become an avatar of evil! Spread darkness across the land!". Unlike regular cluwnes, they get to rename themselves upon signing the contract just like the clown does on roundstart.

You hit the nail on the head!

(05-14-2016, 04:39 PM)Grek Wrote: As far as I can tell, all of the infernal contracts have unlimited uses. Filling out a contract doesn't destroy the contract, so you can cluwne anyone who's willing to sign the dotted line. If its supposed to be 3 uses only, the cost should probably be less than 12 crystals.

The three identical contracts are now meant as placeholders for three variant contracts.

But yes, they're meant to be permanent.

I realized it'd get really boring if it was just cluwnes all the time, so I'm going to add a lot more variety.

(05-14-2016, 04:39 PM)Grek Wrote: The briefcase itself functions as a weakish stun weapon, doing 70 stamina damage compared to a toolbox's 40 and a stun baton's 275.
Christ, I didn't realize how weak it was.

I might buff it slightly.

(05-14-2016, 04:39 PM)Grek Wrote: That said, the signing message should use use /his_or_her instead of /his. Women make infernal bargains too!

I thought /his was a shortcut for /his_or_her
I like the idea, the code itself is quite hacky, especially when you add a magic number to determine if the bioeffect should be permanent.
Could make it so the contracts turn the receivers into one of the four horsecluwnes of the apocalypse, just a thought.
(05-15-2016, 01:17 PM)Camnui Wrote: Could make it so the contracts turn the receivers into one of the four horsecluwnes of the apocalypse, just a thought.

That's a good idea. Give em a changeling like sting effect.
Famine injects Lipolicide
War injects Rajaijah
Pestilence injects random diseases
Death injects Krokodil
(05-15-2016, 01:08 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: I like the idea, the code itself is quite hacky, especially when you add a magic number to determine if the bioeffect should be permanent.

It is shamefully hacky, but it's the best way I could think of to do it.

(05-15-2016, 01:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 01:17 PM)Camnui Wrote: Could make it so the contracts turn the receivers into one of the four horsecluwnes of the apocalypse, just a thought.

That's a good idea. Give em a changeling like sting effect.
Famine injects Lipolicide
War injects Rajaijah
Pestilence injects random diseases
Death injects Krokodil

If I can figure out how to do this without making a godawful hacky (well, hackier) mess, I will definitely do it.
(05-15-2016, 01:58 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: It is shamefully hacky, but it's the best way I could think of to do it.

You could use the GetCopy() proc of the bioEffect to instantiate a local copy of the already existing bio effects, and then use those to apply them onto the new mobs, or you could simply do the following after you apply the new effects.

Code:
for(var/A in owner.bioholder.effects)
    var/datum/bioEffect/BF = A
    BF.curable_by_mutadone = 0
    BF.can_reclaim = 0
    BF.can_scramble = 0
(05-15-2016, 02:06 PM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 01:58 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: It is shamefully hacky, but it's the best way I could think of to do it.

You could use the GetCopy() proc of the bioEffect to instantiate a local copy of the already existing bio effects, and then use those to apply them onto the new mobs, or you could simply do the following after you apply the new effects.

Code:
    BF.can_reclaim = 0
    BF.can_scramble = 0

Not all of the contracts will generate new mobs, some will modify existing mobs. I can't just loop through all the signees biomutations and make them immune to mutadone. What if a geneticist signs the contract?
(05-15-2016, 02:18 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 02:06 PM)ErikHanson Wrote:

Code:
    BF.can_reclaim = 0
    BF.can_scramble = 0

Not all of the contracts will generate new mobs, some will modify existing mobs. I can't just loop through all the signees biomutations and make them immune to mutadone. What if a geneticist signs the contract?

If you're feeling lazy you can just say it's part of the cost.
Oh god, what started out as a dumb little side gimmick thing is turning into a massive project.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into?
(05-21-2016, 05:15 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Oh god, what started out as a dumb little side gimmick thing is turning into a massive project.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into?

Gods help you Noah Buttes

Now you are truly lost