Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Late joining antagonist toggle
I could list a million reasons (one of which is the fact the only antag role I've been this entire year is late-joining traitor/ling at 60+ minutes) but it seems self explanatory.

[Image: zjKOqAM.png]
I don't quite get it, you can become a late joining traitor even with all traitor options disabled? Or what is the problem?

And someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought getting a traitor role is completely random, you becoming a late joining traitor shouldn't affect your chances to become a traitor in the next round. From my understanding it's:
new round starts -> round type is chosen -> #no of traitors and types are picked -> traitors are assigned randomly to those with the right traitor roles enabled.
Yep. You can still become late-join antag regardless of disabled roles. It happens to me a lot because I latejoin almost exclusively these days.

To the second question, yes, traitors are picked before jobs. You could favorite SecOff and it wouldn't affect your chances of getting antag.
I think the toggle is for people who don't want to be traitors, even on late join.
Or if you would like to be a traitor, but only if you're there at roundstart. I know that I personally don't enjoy becoming a traitor/vampire/ling/blob/wizard with 3 minutes left on the shuttle clock. It doesn't matter that its not hurting my odds of being an antag later, I just dislike playing special roles without having a little while to listen to the station and decide what I'm going to do.