Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More traitor sporting equipment!
Star 
I think we need more sports equipment themed traitor items.

Off the top of my head, a football helmet (or chest armor) that enables a speed boost that knocks aside suckers that get in your way.
Throwing a football with this item equip will cause more damage (or maybe just knock some nerd to the ground because a football just slammed into his face)

However, these wonderful football based powers would only function when actually holding a football.

You can also perform a rib-shattering touch down on prone nerds with your football, but don't forget to pick it up before resuming the FOOTBALL slaughter!

Other people with better ideas regarding traitor sporting equipment, scream them here.
A table tennis paddle that reflects bullets while held in the active hand.
your football helmet and shoulderpads thing could function a bit like how macho man can charge thru stuff or charge into people

ice skates that prevent slipping on ice, and which cut the fuck out of someone if you kick them or walk over them. they make clanking sounds when you walk around normal floors and you have a small chance of falling over because walking in ice skates is fucking annoying. unlocks beautiful pirouettes and other figure skating moves to let you cut the fuck out of even more people

a scuba mask that lets u breathe underwater in the pool, so u can grab ppl and drown them in the pool. beware the deadly creature of the deeps

a hockey stick or golf club that lets u slapshot/drive items on the floor at people with incredible damaging speed. also a special beheading move for prone people that launches their severed head.

a cricket bat and baseball bat with similar functions to hockey stick and golf club, but you have the item you want to launch in your other hand, so you toss it up briefly before hitting it at someone, you know how it goes. you can also wind up a home run swing to take off a standing person's head, but can no longer behead prone people.

pump-up basketball sneakers that give u the jumping mutation just by wearing them. remember to pump them up first!

weaponized b-ball that basically functions like a boomerang? idk

hammer throw shotput. you spin around to charge up your throw to max power. the spin also doubles as a defensive move. regular shotput, discus throw, and javelin also available

archery is an olympic event and there are already bows and arrows being coded for some reason? so

i was also going to suggest a rideable horse and equestrian equipment but it would be too powerful and too terrifying, an enraged horse would stomp and kick and bite everyone to death
(05-12-2016, 01:52 PM)misto Wrote: i was also going to suggest a rideable horse and equestrian equipment but it would be too powerful and too terrifying, an enraged horse would stomp and kick and bite everyone to death

(12-18-2015, 04:06 PM)Arborinus Wrote: neigh

[Image: FdTrVWT.png]

[Image: X3zXfPN.png]

Zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqtjkxgma9u31 ... ms.7z?dl=0
(05-12-2016, 01:58 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 01:52 PM)misto Wrote: i was also going to suggest a rideable horse and equestrian equipment but it would be too powerful and too terrifying, an enraged horse would stomp and kick and bite everyone to death

(12-18-2015, 04:06 PM)Arborinus Wrote: neigh

[Image: FdTrVWT.png]

[Image: X3zXfPN.png]

Zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqtjkxgma9u31 ... ms.7z?dl=0

God damn, the profile view of that sprite is fucking weird enough.

But then there's the "front" view and it looks like some crazy asshole wearing a pair of clown shoes on his hands while doing a painful yoga routine.
so does this mean you are suggesting the equestrian/jockey sporting equipment outfit could come in conjunction with... with tools and costuming that would let you mindslave another player and turn them into a horrible horse abomination for you to ride. this is going to some dark places
(05-14-2016, 02:09 AM)misto Wrote: so does this mean you are suggesting the equestrian/jockey sporting equipment outfit could come in conjunction with... with tools and costuming that would let you mindslave another player and turn them into a horrible horse abomination for you to ride. this is going to some dark places

Port-a-horse. How's that for dark places?
All Ears That horse item is wonderfully grotesque.
Would it be possible to get that south facing horse sprite in a critter compatible 32x32 form?

I've been trying to resize it, without luck.
I kinda think that just having more weapons on the station that just look like recreational gear could be neat.

For instance a couple hockey sticks, a hockey puck, and some moveable goals. Don't even need ice skates unless you repurpose the pool during the winter season. When people don't really feel like playing hockey they can beat people with hockey sticks Casey Jones style. And you could have a similar traitor item that lets you smack people in the head or groin with a hockey puck when it's hit with the right stick. Also off station minigolf. Bring the minigolf club back and you have a blunt force object until it breaks. Let people spend cash on a whole golf bag that replaces backpacks. Proceed to walk around beating each other with expensive golf clubs. I think the biggest problem would be making the golf balls large enough to click them, and figuring out some way to shrink or increase power of swing (maybe a dedicated UI option when holding the golf club?) The zlevel system could work perfect for some kind of space golf.
(05-16-2016, 11:31 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Would it be possible to get that south facing horse sprite in a critter compatible 32x32 form?

You would need to do whatever they did to get the Fruit hat to work.

I only made the mask and jumpsuit fit, credits to salix_cactus
(05-16-2016, 01:07 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:  I think the biggest problem would be making the golf balls large enough to click them, and figuring out some way to shrink or increase power of swing (maybe a dedicated UI option when holding the golf club?) The zlevel system could work perfect for some kind of space golf.

That little meter thing sounds great. Just have it constantly moving from weak to strong and you just time your clicks to it.

Tie it's weapon damage to the same meter
(05-16-2016, 01:52 PM)Arborinus Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 11:31 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Would it be possible to get that south facing horse sprite in a critter compatible 32x32 form?

You would need to do whatever they did to get the Fruit hat to work.

I only made the mask and jumpsuit fit, credits to salix_cactus

well for the fruit hat its just in a separate DMI file with a size other than 32x32
Oversized Lawndarts

Oversized Lawndarts are a very high TC-cost item that come in pairs and only throw for a short (3-5 tile) distance. Upon hitting someone after being thrown the victum is knocked down, begins to bleed (doing moderate bleed and brute damage), and automatically forces them to scream. Returning to their feet after being hit by an oversized lawndart requires them to first 'resist' to remove the lawndart from their body and the deck below. Should a traitor miss their target they must spend time (several seconds) retrieving the lawndarts from the floor