Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MAP] Security Revamp
I figured that I hsould probably make an ~official~ patch instead of dropping the link in the earlier discussion thread where it could be lost.

General List of Changes:
  • General population cell is simply moved to the bottom of the brig because fuckit.
  • As per hufflaw's original request the solitary cells are 2x2, with blast doors if a prison decides to try and break out.
  • RIP specific visiting area, all hail general visiting area 2.0, now with 100% more blastdoor.
  • Release room should be easier to escape from, but will probably end with smashed windows and tears. Both flushers in the room lead to the release chute in case some dumb assistant tried to gib themselves in disposals.
  • Interview room is now inside of security so you can channel your inner Matt Graver in close quarters.
  • As per Sundance's request the hanger now how ~2~ pods, so you can now use twice as few pods and leave them for escaping prisoners. It also now has a security hanger beacon so you may actually be useful!
  • Beepsky has a bigger house and the HoS has fewer windows.
  • I moved Hooty to the front desk so the HoS can't do unspeakable things to him behind closed doors.
  • As per Grek's suggestion the general population brig is now back to being hard to break out of if security does their job.
  • Public humiliation/trial booth is now in the chapel. There's some stuff in a crate that security can charge for, or leave out to throw at prisoners.

Here's a picture if you don't like dreammaker: (I would suggestion opening it in a new tab to see all the fancy details)
[Image: HDFpzP7.png]
[Image: JwvcP59.png]

Here's the download link to the file. Like my previous one it only contains the area I edited for easier copy and pasting.

If you feel something is horribly wrong, or needs to be looked at feel free to leave a suggestion!
Heart 
You might want to swap the segway and the table in the router area. That way it's not as easy for a greyshirt to ride the belts and get in to the main security area.
I don't play enough security to know if these are all good ideas, but this is exactly what patches aught to be about. Making tweaks to departments based on the collective knowledge of the people who play them.
IT'S NOT SYMMETRICAL AHHHHHHHHHHHH
(05-11-2016, 08:12 PM)Vunterslaush Wrote: You might want to swap the segway and the table in the router area. That way it's not as easy for a greyshirt to ride the belts and get in to the main security area.

If you're referring to the window being broken to get in, I don't think putting a reinforced table there will stop any assistant. There's at least 5 tool boxes in close proximity there so if they really wanted to break in it'd no issue.

If you're referring to the door into the router, then that's security access only. At least it was last time I checked so I'll have a look.

Thanks for the suggestion!
If you ask me those solitary brig cells should have a window leading out to space for the chance to have REALLY daring prison escapes. Or general brig. Though either of this fucks up maintenance halls.

Though you'd have to change up the escape hatch there so it wouldn't be extremely easy to escape.