Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SpaceNaba, LLJK US 2, 3 AM 5/8
Admin name: SpaceNaba

Server: LLJK US 2

Date/Time: 5/8/16, 3 AM

Synopsis: Naba had decided he was sick of me complaining about people breaking the rules (the current round, borgs had been ignoring orders and shocking doors on default laws, and the round previous I had been permabrigged for roughly 30 minutes with no response from the admin staff). He teleported in where I was currently trying to figure out what was going on with borgs. He teleported in, and this happened.

Some Jerk punches Patrick Kuby!
Patrick Kuby farts out pure plasma! FUCK!
... and lands a devastating hit!
Dan Dingo screams!
... and lands a devastating hit!
Patrick Kuby collapses!

This allowed borgs to drag me around to places I didn't want to be until I was able to get up. I was given no warning and not informed I was breaking any kind of rule, and Naba later told me he did this because he thought it was funny. The round finished fairly normally, except for this excerpt I caught at the end of the round.

DEAD: Ghost (Owla Ree) laments, "I call dibs on Patrick Kyubey"
DEAD: Ghost (Horizon) laments, "PAtrick Kyuubi"

DEAD: Ghost (Jordan Lawson) laments, "Nooooo I want Kyuubi"
DEAD: Ghost (Owla Ree) laments, "fine I'll be Spongebob Kuby I guess"
OOC: SpaceNaba: Remember lads: VARIATIONS.

And when I complained, I got this:
Admin PM from-SpaceNaba: Buddy, you were aggravating a whole bunch of people last round. So long as they don't start harming/killing you cross-round, this is a perfectly acceptable way for them to express their opinion.

So Naba says cross-round grudges are OK as long as they don't escalate to violence. Good to know you can permabrig people or you can impersonate them using the name-change mechanic for certain jobs. Now I have to worry about what I do every round because I have to expect reprisal in completely separate rounds. It's totally okay for admins to single out a particular player despite them not breaking the rules as well.  

Admin PM from-SpaceNaba: Nah, harrassing you would have been turning you into a cluwne, shame-cubing you and then making the VOX tell everyone about the promiscuity of your mother. Which actually sounds like a hoot, but there ARE rules.

He also broke the "nothing sexual" rule here. Calling my mom a whore, a real classy dude.
Hey, I was involved in the permabrigging, and figured I'd post here to add more context to that.

The first run in I had with Issacs that round, I was arresting a mechanic who had it turned out had been falsely accused. On the way to the brig, I fell over and Issacs took my ID containing PDA.

I guess he was running some kind of gimmick of accusing the station off being racists because he was purple. The detective helped me get the other guy into the brig, but I guess he logged out. After that, The detective and I went around trying to catch Issacs, who had at this point was wearing a Sec uniform, posing as me. I ran into him in the AI chamber, and he fired at me with a taser, so I assumed at this point he was a traitor trying to subvert the AI.

We probably caught him around the 45 minute mark. My ID had been stolen around the 20 minute one. I stuffed him in the portabrig, and the detective suggested marooning them at the biodome. I agreed to this, and left them to the detective.

At that point I got caught up in doing other things that round, and maybe at the 70 minute mark the shuttle arrived. As an afterthought, I thought to summon the portabrig, and found Issacs still inside it.

Post round, The detective apologized, saying that they had also forgot about Issacs, and Isaacs spat on that apology. I don't believe Issacs was a antagonist, nor a miscreant.

Now, the way I see it, I do believe it was shitty he got stuck in the pod, and regret leaving him in the hands of the detective, but there was no malicious intent on my part, and I don't think on the detectives either.
I was Owla Ree. Issac was playing as Patrick Kuby and broke a bunch of stuff in security, and I had thought (incorrectly) the brig was broken. I decided to get 'creative' and maroon Patrick using telescience instead of brigging him. He adminhelped, SpaceNaba told me that while they didn't find any fault with my behavior in that particular case, marooning is very iffy as a punishment, since (as I found out in that round) it is hard to reliably release marooned prisoners. Even though Naba said I wasn't in trouble, I decided to give Security roles a break for a while since I was not on my sec A-game that day and was instead being a shitty fun-ruiner even if I wasn't technically breaking any rules. Switched to MD instead. I also apologized for being a shit detective post round. Issac did not like my apology and yelled at me for a bit, which was totally fair, tbh. I deserved a good yelling at, I was legit shit that round.

Next round, Patrick was playing as detective and still being super salty, yelling about how since apparently permabrigging was OK now, he was going to perma every criminal he caught. He ended up getting into a weird quixotic pissing match with the AI over the AI modules being missing or something, and there was a huge brawl in the net cafe where Patrick was trying to break in to the upload for some reason and the borgs were pulling him away. One ended up walling the door shut. A traitor kept bombing the place and since I was an MD, I healed everyone (Patrick included) up until something like 20 barium-ice bombs went off all at once, killing me and 3 other spectators to Patrick's one man anti-silicon crusade. I think the only thing I ever said to him that round was, "Come back,  you forgot your healing patch!" or something to that effect. I don't know if the borgs were actually rogue or what, but from an outside perspective it didn't look like it.

After I died, Patrick got super salty about how the borgs were 'violating law 2'. We were cracking up in deadchat about it, and bunch of us dumb jerks were joking about how it would be funny if everyone signed up as a variation on "Patrick Kuby" and bossed the borgs around for the next round as a dumb gimmick. I didn't end up actually doing it (it seemed a bit mean and I felt bad about being a shitective still), but a bunch of other people did and the HoP ended up giving me an ID upgrade from Owla Ree (Medical Doctor) to Owla Ree (Patrick Kuby). I think I got chemistry access or something?

I don't know what happened in the rounds after that, because that was when the pizza arrived. But I basically wanted to post saying that while Isaacs was indeed very salty and probably shouldn't have blown his stack like that, he did have a good reason to be mad. Mea culpa.
Quote:borgs had been ignoring orders

Horizon here, Borg. I ignored your orders because I had orders from the Captain (a higher ranking officer) earlier in the round to "stop him", which i took semi-liberally. I believe that non-harmfully removing you from a situation and reinforcing walls (that you thermited down) with airlocks is well within the bounds of this order.

Quote:and shocking doors on default laws

This was done by a mechanic who had pulsed all the wires trying to break into the AI core after you convinced him we were rogue. After he check the laws and discovered we weren't rogue I asked him to fix the door and he did.

We explained all of this in the middle of the round, and the mechanic himself told you what he'd done in deadchat after.

Quote:[Naba's beating] allowed borgs to drag me around to places I didn't want to be until I was able to get up."

You were in the AI core, against captain's orders, and without the proper access (you were a scientist). Of course we removed you.

Grek Wrote:He ended up getting into a weird quixotic pissing match with the AI over the AI modules being missing or something

I remember this as well. He cited this as the entire reason for his behavior, but he only could have known this after he already broke into the AI chamber twice. We had moved the Modules into the AI core in response to him breaking in the first time; they were still accessible to anyone with a Head ID.  Proof.
As a witness from a different area, I was doing telescience that round with Jordan Lawson. We had our adventures, returned to the station, and find the man himself being dragged around by the detective. From what I remember, the detective said Patrick was a ling and a danger to the station. We debated sending him to the biodome, then the meat station which the detective didnt agree to because he thought that was where they were born, and settled on the museum I believe. We, as the telescientists that had completely isolated ourselves, just complied and sent him away. I believe I died on the way there, and was the clown the round after when the little Patrick Kuby mocking round occurred, I think I ended up running off to the radio station and killing myself. I witnessed the entire event of you attempting to break into AI with thermite as the borgs walled you in. You murdered a borg, one who wasn't even rogue, and you had no reason to believe it was rogue. It was trying to protect its area. You didn't accept the Detective's apology, even though he was nice about it, and if I remember right said something along the lines of "go fuck yourself". You complained about how you were more likely to be banned now because you look bad to the admins, and you know what, in my personal opinion, if you don't want a negative rep, don't be a little shit. Keeping grudges and acting like a dick will make people dislike you, but people will dislike you especially if you act salty. Sure, it's bad you got portabrigged for like half an hour, but it sounds like you had good reason to be arrested in the first place. We didn't hear the whole story, and we sent you away because we thought you were a traitor or a ling. Going to the forum and complaining about it will only make you look worse, it would have been better to forgive and forget
I am complaining about how the admin handled the situation, not about the players themselves. This is an admin complaint.
Annoying you by everyone using similar names is very much not against the rules and if you don't want it to happen to you, don't be a big jerk. I'm very carefully not speaking to the other things you're complaining about, because I wasn't there. But if you annoy the playerbase to the point where they make their dislike of you clear while staying within the rules, there's not a whole lot you can do about it except 'maybe don't piss off the players'.
(05-13-2016, 01:01 PM)popecrunch Wrote: Annoying you by everyone using similar names is very much not against the rules and if you don't want it to happen to you, don't be a big jerk.  I'm very carefully not speaking to the other things you're complaining about, because I wasn't there.  But if you annoy the playerbase to the point where they make their dislike of you clear while staying within the rules, there's not a whole lot you can do about it except 'maybe don't piss off the players'.

I would argue that actions from one round should not carry over into others, as has been the rule for just about ever. The point of them doing what they did was specifically to harass me, because of something that happened in a different round, and an admin endorsed it. The players I am less upset with, because they were just holding a grudge over something stupid and a situation they didn't understand. But the administration backing them up on this and singling me out as a player, to the point of popping up in my round to harass me without me having broken any rules, that I am upset about.

An aside: The people claiming they thought I was a traitor or a changeling, I did not harm a single person on any of the rounds being discussed and only committed minor property damage or theft, so in the future please be more careful about making assumptions like that since you will likely kill/permabrig (relatively) innocent players.
(05-13-2016, 02:22 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 01:01 PM)popecrunch Wrote: Annoying you by everyone using similar names is very much not against the rules and if you don't want it to happen to you, don't be a big jerk.  I'm very carefully not speaking to the other things you're complaining about, because I wasn't there.  But if you annoy the playerbase to the point where they make their dislike of you clear while staying within the rules, there's not a whole lot you can do about it except 'maybe don't piss off the players'.

I would argue that actions from one round should not carry over into others, as has been the rule for just about ever. The point of them doing what they did was specifically to harass me, because of something that happened in a different round, and an admin endorsed it. The players I am less upset with, because they were just holding a grudge over something stupid and a situation they didn't understand. But the administration backing them up on this and singling me out as a player, to the point of popping up in my round to harass me without me having broken any rules, that I am upset about.

An aside: The people claiming they thought I was a traitor or a changeling, I did not harm a single person on any of the rounds being discussed and only committed minor property damage or theft, so in the future please be more careful about making assumptions like that since you will likely kill/permabrig (relatively) innocent players.

I apologize, I was a telescientist, I was on the lava planet the entire time ignoring my radio and the outside world. I just had to trust the detective
I (drsingh in irc) was around for this, not in game but saw it happening in admin chat and briefly talked to Isaacs Alter Ego about it. I don't think Naba or any of the players did anything wrong, it reads like a textbook case of people annoying each other back and forth except that because some people planned to make fun of someone next round we're supposed to ban them for metagaming. That's not what the rule is about.

That said I don't think I should judge the validity of this complaint since I was involved.
I'm afraid, buddy, and I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say this, is that all of this falls under a variant of the 'sploded Clause:

"If you have been a consistently annoying player for a long time, the admins can make fun of you purely based on your history alone.

The enforcement of this rule generally requires several admins to be in agreement that you are utter shit and a hopeless detriment to the server to take effect. This is not something to be proud of."

You have -up and down- tried our patience with the most inane, whinging hypocritical complaints. You rules-lawyer the moment something doesn't go your way, but the very moment you want something you'll misinterpret, cherrypick and otherwise produce the most eye-rolling attempts at tantrums that I've yet to see outside of a kindergarten or a High school debating club. I would like to point out to you, especially, that while you were filling up the adminlog in the second round, I spawned in as a cyborg and made sad trombone noises at you to see if you actually practised what you preached.

You did your best (and succeeded!) to kill me for the capital crime of being irritating.

Now, here's a case study of how we've observed the way you think: You'll probably say something along the lines of 'Failed to follow Law 2' for not ceasing to play the trombone - which was followed, as I immediately switched to a vuvuzela, then cats, then burping. This is actually following the rules, but because you don't like it, it suddenly isn't and you immediately resort to murder and rulebreaking. As far as I'm concerned, I see no reason why any of us should change the way we react to you.

Maybe you'll become a less obnoxious player once you reflect on what you've done. By all means, practice that on Gibbed servers - just don't lie down and thump the floors if you get boxed in after hording all the insulated gloves for 'Job-restriction' purposes or something equally inane.
I would like input from an admin other than the exact one I was complaining about.
(05-14-2016, 08:22 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: I would like input from an admin other than the exact one I was complaining about.

Hello I am an admin and you are sploded. Thank you for your time.

edit: to be clear, this is the "If you have been a consistently annoying player for a long time, the admins can make fun of you purely based on your history alone." not-actually-really-sploded version Naba mentioned above
also my mother was a hamster and my father smells of elderberries, peepee doodoo I'm a big nerd fart fart fart
I gotta agree, like two lines into this I didn't care so much because you're a fucking asshole like ALL THE TIME. SERIOUSLY

and then I read the rest of your complaint and cared even less. turnabout is fair play, if you shit on people all day you're gonna get shit on

edit: perfect example of rules lawyering and how to almost instantly drain any possible goodwill from your complaint

Quote: He also broke the "nothing sexual" rule here. Calling my mom a whore, a real classy dude.
I read the logs from this right after it all happened and I have to say that I can't blame Naba for messing with you a bit after you spammed ahelp about your permabrigging (you realize you only need to ahelp once, maybe twice in an emergency, right?) and getting pissy at him for not responding fast enough for your liking, THEN pulling the "if this is okay I'm gunna do it all the time!!" thing.  That sort of thing is incredibly obnoxious and does not endear you to anyone.
Players changing their name to joking versions of your own character's name is not metagrudging if that's all they're doing, for one round.  No, permabrigging you to mess with you because they're annoyed with you over past rounds is not, and if that happened we would have punished whoever did it.  As far as I saw the only thing people did was use joke versions of your name.  For one round.
Just the ahelp spam alone makes me think you might take this game too seriously.  Also, you seem to get angry at other players for fucking with you in very similar or even far more benign ways than you fuck with others.
My opinion is chill out and take a look at what might be causing people to dislike you before it gets to the point where no one can stand you anymore.

Or as wonk once put it
Quote:<wonk> You can't see why someone who is known for being an unpleasant jerk might get punished for being an unpleasant jerk and spoiling things for other players?!
[...]
<wonk> You have simply crossed the boundary at this point between "being a bit of a jerk" to being a shitehawk

that is my late night ramble on this topic as an non-involved admin, peace  spider