Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Research
Ok, so this idea stems from me liking to mess around with toxins but never achieving anything.

As it currently stands, toxins has two main uses;
[b]1)Making bombs. - This was all it used to be used for too.
2)[/b]Fuel for the engine - This one doesn't happen as often as the former but is a good use.

Now, what I'm thinking is toxins could become more like chemistry. Add a few more gases, allow for gases to mix and create new ones, collect the gases in empty containers. Now, gas mixing could create anything from highly lethal toxic gas that kills ridiculously quickly, to super healing gas that quickly heals wounds, and everything in between.

Of course, these mixes would not be simple. It would actually be much harder than chemistry, requiring different temperatures of each gas used in the mix, requiring different concentrations of the gas, whether it is mixed directly inside a canister or inside the mixing chamber, whether the gases are on fire or not...The potential variables for this are numerous and realluy encourage experimenting.

It also opens up a whole lot more traitor uses for toxins too. No longer is toxins just for making bombs and flooding the station with plasma. Now you can create spend 30 minutes mixing a stimulant gas and fill it into an air tank to power yourself while you run around killing. You can flood the station with deadly poison. You could even mix up some super secret high power bomb mix perhaps. It's open to so many possibilities.

I just really want to see toxins have a more experimental use and be actually able to make something from it other than bombs and hot gas mixes for the engine. There is a lot of potential here, especially with the new mixing chamber, and I think something should be done with it.
So, basically, you want to make a much more dangerous version of chemistry that can turn your average everyday griffur into a horrible paramortal killing machine?

I like it.
"As I was -trying- to explain before you applied your stun baton to my balls, officer, it's a HEALING bomb."

I approve.
So combine Chemistry into Mixing room to make chem filled bombs and canisters full of it. Okay sounds interesting
It sounds rather similar to smoke-based chemistry, except more subtle I guess (if dragging a canister around can be called subtle). Still, more (non-traitorous) uses for Toxins can't be a bad thing.
I like the idea of some special gas mixtures, you could toy around with some effects and then release them into the station for good or bad.

E.g Energy boosting gas mixture causes crewmen who breath it in to become faster, but excess exposure can cause their hearts to give out.

Helium type gas causes all messages to change from says to squeeks. e.g crewmen squeaks "weeeee"

Most of the extra gasses should have some risk of suffication though so that people remember to add some oxygen.
I've been trying most rounds to make a very potent gas canister to use to back up the engine, something with super hot temperatures. However, as a byproduct of this I end up with two or more very high pressure canisters of waste gas - my most recent achieved 260,000kpa.

What would help this process is being able to make reinforced canisters, that can handle up to say 300,000kpa. Either that or a better way of holding and monitoring the gas, like one of those grey immovable tanks with an input/output ?