Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling acid spit doesn't melt cigarettes.
As the subject says, I tried to acid spit someone last night and it didn't melt the cigarette they had in their mouth, costing me valuable time and nearly getting me killed. 

It was a nicotine free cigarette if that matters at all.
My only guess is that maybe it added the fluorosulfuric acid reagent to the cig instead of melting it.

But that might not even be right.
(05-09-2016, 02:12 PM)Camnui Wrote: As the subject says, I tried to acid spit someone last night and it didn't melt the cigarette they had in their mouth, costing me valuable time and nearly getting me killed. 

That's what you get for messing with a DJ. crossarms
(05-09-2016, 03:33 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 02:12 PM)Camnui Wrote: As the subject says, I tried to acid spit someone last night and it didn't melt the cigarette they had in their mouth, costing me valuable time and nearly getting me killed. 

That's what you get for messing with a DJ.  crossarms

Curse that AI and its teleporting shenanigans!  Argh!
Looking at the code, the acid spit basically injects the reagents into the cigarette...
(05-10-2016, 02:44 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: Looking at the code, the acid spit basically injects the reagents into the cigarette...

Holy shit, I was right.

That's hilarious!
Feature...?
(05-10-2016, 08:52 AM)Winklabom Wrote: Feature...?

Feature.  crossarms
Hmm, perhaps the changeling needs an incarnation of the old acid spit (neurotox) with a range of 1-2. Why? Because I don't think the changeling sting with neurotox would enter the cigarrette. Why not just sting them? Because I'm trying to make a feature out of this cigarrette behavior that would actually be useful. We all wanna call it a feature but it'll need more substance to it to really be a "thing"

Adding acid spit to a cigarrette probably wont to shit to the person smoking it. They simply suck chems from the cig too slowly for it to be debilitating. But perhaps if a ling had a spit that -would- be viable for lacing a cig.....

Eh, probably not worthwhile to code something for such a unique interaction (spit-cig) but if everyone suddenly starts smoking cigs as a counter to lings.... (or if theres another opening for more fun)
(05-10-2016, 10:45 AM)Boa Jacque Wrote: Hmm, perhaps the changeling needs an incarnation of the old acid spit (neurotox) with a range of 1-2. Why? Because I don't think the changeling sting with neurotox would enter the cigarrette. Why not just sting them? Because I'm trying to make a feature out of this cigarrette behavior that would actually be useful. We all wanna call it a feature but it'll need more substance to it to really be a "thing"

Adding acid spit to a cigarrette probably wont to shit to the person smoking it. They simply suck chems from the cig too slowly for it to be debilitating. But perhaps if a ling had a spit that -would- be viable for lacing a cig.....

Eh, probably not worthwhile to code something for such a unique interaction (spit-cig) but if everyone suddenly starts smoking cigs as a counter to lings.... (or if theres another opening for more fun)

Oh god, not the horribly broken old acid spit. Never. Argh!

When he spit acid at me it did do quite a lot of burn damage to me for some reason.

Anyways, I assume it'd be an easy fix, but honestly the only reason why Camnui was attacked was because he spat acid at me before the neuotoxin took effect and someone actually came to help. Having to take a cigarette out of someone's mouth isn't going to cause a ling to die if they wait to acid spit someone after they neuotoxin takes effect.
Call it a feature to make the detective feel more useful than he actually is.
Reminds me of the time I used superhairgrownium and fatness to ward off a particularly shit ling.

Really tho, I'd like to think that it isn't the cig stopping you from choking someone but the inherent coolness smoking applies to the smoker that does.