Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Dynamic Contraband
(05-08-2016, 03:15 AM)Grek Wrote: I want a machine that lets me set contraband levels. Fighting a blob? Flamethrowers are now open carry! Botany making weed? Inform Officer Beepsky weed is now highly illegal.

This patch implements a system which allows security players to dynamically alter the contraband levels of a item, this is done by adding a new contraband controller computer which has a basic interface, and proper logging whenever someone decides to change the contraband level.

There currently exists no way for security to add new items to the list, this to prevent rampant abuse which would basically make the  emag function of the secborgs useless, I'm however open for suggestions on items that might be interesting to add to the list.

I'm also really terrible at designing a good UI.

Code: https://github.com/DoomStation/doom/comp...contraband
Heck yeah
You forgot to include wizard gear.

More specifically, wizard robes.

They're defined as being of contraband level 4.
(05-09-2016, 10:37 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: You forgot to include wizard gear.

I actually copied over all the original contraband values, and it seems that only the wizard robes are considered as contraband!! I'll add them to my list of things to look at.
(05-09-2016, 10:39 AM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 10:37 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: You forgot to include wizard gear.

I actually copied over all the original contraband values, and it seems that only the wizard robes are considered as contraband!! I'll add them to my list of things to look at.

Yeah, I forgot to clarify what I meant by that.

But yeah, the wizrobes need to be considered contraband, otherwise beepsky won't arrest magical ne'er-do-wells.

EDIT: Some other items that it might be a good idea to have configurable: tank transfer valves, pipebombs, grenades (besides firefighting and cleaner grenades), really just bombs in general and syndicate command armor.

Some things that it might be fun to have configurable: knives, surgery equipment, RCDs, butts, blotters, syringes, other drug paraphernalia, vuvuzelas, and bike horns.
Oh huh! I indeed forgot to add those, I'm a idiot. Gist updated.
Oh neat, won't have to drag my flamethrower around so Beepsky won't bust me for setting myself on fire saving the station from weeds.
I had personally been hoping for the rampant abuse option, but I can see how that would get run into the ground really fast.

Requests:
"Basketball" 0
"Football" 0
"Bowling" 0
"Reading" 0
"Clowns" 0 (includes cluwnes and blue clowns)
"Gluten" 0
"Alcohol" 0
"Farming" 0
"Tea" 0
"Meat" 0
"Vegetables" 0
"Religion" 0 (bibles)
Instead of it being large lists of each individual one with a bunch of links, why not just have a bank of words/items/people that you can input into a textbox or use checkboxes to 'add' it to  a current pending modification list then you can commit after setting the level to apply to the pending list?
God damn Erik you are always taking some great ideas and taking the time to make them. I am starting to wonder if you even sleep.
(05-09-2016, 10:49 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: God damn Erik you are always taking some great ideas and taking the time to make them. I am starting to wonder if you even sleep.

AIs need no sleep.
(05-09-2016, 11:58 PM)Naximous Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 10:49 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: God damn Erik you are always taking some great ideas and taking the time to make them. I am starting to wonder if you even sleep.

AIs need no sleep.

Erik AI confirmed. Grab a module and turn it into a coder.
(05-09-2016, 10:09 PM)zewaka Wrote: Instead of it being large lists of each individual one with a bunch of links, why not just have a bank of words/items/people that you can input into a textbox or use checkboxes to 'add' it to  a current pending modification list then you can commit after setting the level to apply to the pending list?

Yes! I'll see what i can do smile
Update!

I've spent the last day or two trying to get a better UI, and it's coming along pretty nice. The framework has also been updated to allow for group based entries, groups simply contain multiple objects instead of a single object, which is used for things like soft, and hard drug contraband.
Prepare for 'no fun allowed' traitor captains that set all robotic fabricators to produce securitrons and mark ALL ITEMS has contraband.