Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Pest control
Have you ever heard the story about the nasty creatures living in the maintenance tunnels?

The horrifying floorcluwne Electronic Cockroaches that chew on your carefully placed wires and make holes into the disposal pipes! You should be carefull with these fellas since once they are full they can and probably will release that electricity they have gathered onto you!

What about the nasty Space ants that like digging bases inside walls with their super corrosive acid?
You should probably get rid of them as soon as you see them because when they build their base they ain't leaving! Well without a fight that is.

TL;DR "More bugs"
Please god, no critters chewing through wires. It's annoying enough keeping the station powered on lowpop without a mouse/roach chewing through an electrical wire somewhere and knocking out power to a quarter of the station.

I'm all for more bugs though. Of the creepy crawly variety.
I would love emergent space ant colonies but I feel like that'd kill the server. It already has plenty of other stuff to do without running SimAnt in the background.

space entymology when
Space mosquitoes please.
pest outbreaks are great, i love it when theyre something like wasps rather than merely roaches or mice. maybe fermids could be added to the pest rotation at a reduced chance or reduced numbers due to how dangerous they are, or have a chance to be deposited on the station after a meteor storm.

as to op's idea, i dont think interior roaches that nibble the wires are good, but maybe flocks of space bat/bird things could land on the solar panels to steal some of that sweet solar energy and would need to be shooed off with a pod
(05-10-2016, 01:23 AM)misto Wrote: pest outbreaks are great, i love it when theyre something like wasps rather than merely roaches or mice. maybe fermids could be added to the pest rotation at a reduced chance or reduced numbers due to how dangerous they are, or have a chance to be deposited on the station after a meteor storm.

as to op's idea, i dont think interior roaches that nibble the wires are good, but maybe flocks of space bat/bird things could land on the solar panels to steal some of that sweet solar energy and would need to be shooed off with a pod

Just buckle a dead clown to a chair next to the solars and call it a scareclown.
(05-10-2016, 08:05 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: a scareclown.

Thank you. Didn't want to sleep anyways.

[Image: xVE23De.png]
(05-10-2016, 09:17 AM)Naximous Wrote:

Causes cluwne-crows to scream and fly away, instead of pecking the shit out of the solar panels and electrocuting themselves.
How about some locusts that eat up all of botany?
(05-10-2016, 11:36 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about some locusts that eat up all of botany?

they could even threaten the various shrubs, and the trees in the owlery, perhaps even the captains prized bonsai tree
Oh, and space lice. Have it spread through wearing hats/uniforms and prolonged proximity. Makes you real itchy until you delouse yourself in the shower or with chems/fire
(05-10-2016, 09:45 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Causes cluwne-crows to scream and fly away, instead of pecking the shit out of the solar panels and electrocuting themselves.

Why not just go with the horrifying cluwne eels from the fishing thread instead?
Not a bad idea. I just think you underestimate how dreadfully lazy we all are.

On an odd side note, I'd rather be killed than annoyed.
the queen/leader of the swarm of the things that attack the solar panels could shoot lightning like power gloves/overcharged apcs do. but since youre probably going to be using a pod to clear them off the solars it probably wont be a huge deal, right?

this will also encourage engineers to set up the engine. if they dont set up the engine you make them fight the things infesting the solar panels
(05-09-2016, 08:34 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Space mosquitoes please.
I could see this being annoying.

Decreases blood and increases histamine count by a tiny bit. If left unchecked they grow a small number of babies, but Mosquito should be relatively easy to kill since they are in real life.

(05-10-2016, 09:45 AM)Grifflez Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 09:17 AM)Naximous Wrote:

Causes cluwne-crows to scream and fly away, instead of pecking the shit out of the solar panels and electrocuting themselves.

And then Chef can go scoop up dead birds and deepfry cluwne crow meat. Circle of Life.