Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MAP] Some changes to toxins
In response to a recent thread about how toxins isn't working to everyone's liking compared to cog1, I tried to change toxins around to make it function a bit more like predecessor.

Here's the changes I made:
  • Both the combustion chambers are now 3x3, and the vent doors are also 3 wide.
  • Tweaked the pipes for the heat exchange so that it acted more like cog1.
  • Added passive gates to the exhaust so that there's only 1 vent still, but each chamber should be completely separated from each other.
  • It's already been fixed, but for drag-and-drop's sake I made the igniters, pumps, and exhaust doors separate for each chamber.

I'm not the best bomb maker, but I did try some preliminary testing and it seems to get to blue burn very quickly, and the heat exchange get's extremely hot quite quickly as well. Therefore I'm not sure I solved the issue entirely without a more experienced person testing it, but it seemed work better than before (hopefully)!

Here's a picture of it, if you don't like using DM:
[Image: L8pR7mi.png]

Here's the download link. It only contains the areas that I changed, so if you want to use it, it will simply be a case of copy and paste, and move into place.
Thank you SO MUCH for doing this.

I was getting so aggravated that I was about to try to learn how to use Byond's map maker from scratch in order to fix it. Thank you for saving me from that nightmare.

I will test this as soon as I get a chance.
Hell yes. 3x3 chamber is back. 2x2 was inferior in every aspect. Hopefully this is added real quick-like.

And I hope you fixed the igniter buttons and computer valve controls being linked or I'll egg your house Argh!
(05-06-2016, 12:02 PM)Grifflez Wrote: And I hope you fixed the igniter buttons and computer valve controls being linked or I'll egg your house Argh!

Oh ye of little faith!

Reference.
Praise be!

Did it also fix the pump controls computer window being borked, or was that already fixed?
(05-06-2016, 12:18 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Praise be!

Did it also fix the pump controls computer window being borked, or was that already fixed?

Being borked? It should be fine, but I dunno what you mean exactly.
Pump controls were fixed before. I think Haine made a changelog about it.

Anyways sweet. I like explosions. It'd be interesting to see how fast one could cap a canbomb with a properly working toxins. Given how fast things heat now it could be somewhat scary.