Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spy Stickers?
(05-05-2016, 10:15 AM)MyBlueCorners Wrote: OK, I fixed the layering issue so you can hide under a bush or something while you are stickered. The acetone-splash dissolve has been added as well.

Cool, much appreciated...
(05-05-2016, 06:56 AM)A4Brogan Wrote: All joking aside, Floorface, this is not how you should be reacting to small shit like this on this game. Even on the RP server, this was really blown out of proportion.

With RP servers, you gotta roll with what happens, first and foremost. Instead of pitching a fit about getting a stupid little sticker in OOC, and immediately Screaming TRAITOR!, let me ask you something: How in the bloody hell would a Head of Personell, a NON-SECURITY staff member, would know that a sticker would be able to have a camera? For all you could have known, it could have been one of those puffy gel stickers that were popular in the '80s. Next time, either roll with it or chew him out for assaulting a higher-up.

I feel like the clown should have stickers, and those weird ball things you can buy should have a chance for having a nonspy sticker inside.

That way there's no RP reason that the HOP would expect that the stickers are spy stickers and not just something somebody found off zlevel or bought from a vending machine.
Quote:I said to Gannets I would get shit on the forums purely because I already mentioned this in OOC, but don't worry that was just me playing the victim card apparently.
Its nice that you came here to prove my point.

I wasn't even there. I'm shitting on the general tone and way this thread was brought about.

In no way can I really interpret this thread as anything other than an irrational rage-fueled knee-jerk. You manage to point out a layering bug/issue and a problem with the ability to remove them, but your suggestions immediately to the problems are:
1. Make the item literally useless. Cameras are already readily available.
2. Make the item still useless since people would just change.
3. Address the minor of the two problems.

Quote:Look, I am the kind of guy who throws away mechanics components if they get put onto a table because they aren't central to the tile anymore.
I get pissed off when people don't lock lockers behind them, I have left the game when I realised that my jumpsuit sprite wasn't scaling down with my dwarfism. I totally misused words last night when putting out how I felt about them, but when its literally overlapping the space between my sprites legs which is impossible and I am stuck with that for the rest of the round I would rather somebody had just shot me point blanc with a revolver.

You sound like the literal anti-thesis of all fun and if this is representative of your attitude honestly I expect to see you getting yourself banned for pitching some ragefit in OOC or murdering dudes in said fit.

And like the others said before, why would an HoP just randomly know that they goofy lil bee sticker someone put on him is some type of high-tech spying instrument immediately.

All in all, you need to seriously chill dude. You're playing a goofy spaceman game. If you'd rather be dead than have an extra sprite stuck onto your character that may or may not do anything useful who whoever put it there, I'd either look at other options or look at, like I said before, chilling out. Because this is an absurd level of fit to pitch over something so small. Not even when chemicals were getting run into the ground was anyone exuding such an aura of vileness and those were a lot worse in use than this.
(05-05-2016, 11:27 AM)Xeram Wrote:
Quote:I said to Gannets I would get shit on the forums purely because I already mentioned this in OOC, but don't worry that was just me playing the victim card apparently.
Its nice that you came here to prove my point.

I wasn't even there. I'm shitting on the general tone and way this thread was brought about.

In no way can I really interpret this thread as anything other than an irrational rage-fueled knee-jerk. You manage to point out a layering bug/issue and a problem with the ability to remove them, but your suggestions immediately to the problems are:
1. Make the item literally useless. Cameras are already readily available.
2. Make the item still useless since people would just change.
3. Address the minor of the two problems.

Quote:Look, I am the kind of guy who throws away mechanics components if they get put onto a table because they aren't central to the tile anymore.
I get pissed off when people don't lock lockers behind them, I have left the game when I realised that my jumpsuit sprite wasn't scaling down with my dwarfism. I totally misused words last night when putting out how I felt about them, but when its literally overlapping the space between my sprites legs which is impossible and I am stuck with that for the rest of the round I would rather somebody had just shot me point blanc with a revolver.

You sound like the literal anti-thesis of all fun and if this is representative of your attitude honestly I expect to see you getting yourself banned for pitching some ragefit in OOC or murdering dudes in said fit.

And like the others said before, why would an HoP just randomly know that they goofy lil bee sticker someone put on him is some type of high-tech spying instrument immediately.

All in all, you need to seriously chill dude. You're playing a goofy spaceman game. If you'd rather be dead than have an extra sprite stuck onto your character that may or may not do anything useful who whoever put it there, I'd either look at other options or look at, like I said before, chilling out. Because this is an absurd level of fit to pitch over something so small.  Not even when chemicals were getting run into the ground was anyone exuding such an aura of vileness and those were a lot worse in use than this.

You have no idea friend.
Perhaps if I was even more rage-fuelled I would resort to lashing out at people who disagree with me instead of the subject at hand as well.
To be fair, in that text dump about how this thread came about, the guy did declare they were "spy stickers" so there is an RP reason they'd know.

And every good joke needs a straight man to play off of
All Ears I'm actually impressed that I made someone this angry about stickers.
Seriously though, Floorface. Calm down. It's a game about farting spacemen.
What's even more funny is that spy sticker's aren't even that useful. They're obvious, so sticking them on high-level figures like the HoS or Captain will just get your ass tased. Even then, their greatest use is in gimmick shenanigans. The only application I could think of is "tracking" assassination targets, but you already get a tracker for that, and in getting close enough to even apply the sticker could probably provide you with a situation to kill them.

Their greatest function actually is on the RP server, where they're meant to be used for shenanigans. The RP server is where you're supposed to ignore things if it'll make the situation more interesting or fun. Normally I hate that methodology intentional fake ignorance, but the goon style of, "will it make it more fun?" sits well with me.
(05-05-2016, 10:15 AM)MyBlueCorners Wrote: OK, I fixed the layering issue so you can hide under a bush or something while you are stickered. The acetone-splash dissolve has been added as well.

Argh! why?
Well not the acetone stuff, but why the bush stuff? seriously? this is a very bad idea.
(05-05-2016, 08:46 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote:

Argh! why?
Well not the acetone stuff, but why the bush stuff? seriously? this is a very bad idea.

Unless Stickers are supposed to hover over your body I can't think of a reason to why they should limit the player. Especially when they are just supposed to be a fun item and not a item that limits the person wearing one.

Also Floorface they are right chill out. This is the biggest kneejerk reaction I've seen all year. Stop being super serious. People are shitting on your opinion not because you don't like something but because how you are presenting your opinion. You are seriously coming off as a anti-fun nerd.

These are smart and good changes and I am glad I told Floorface to post here so that these changes could happen.
(05-05-2016, 05:08 PM)sartorius Wrote: All Ears I'm actually impressed that I made someone this angry about stickers.
Seriously though, Floorface. Calm down. It's a game about farting spacemen.

You are the one still coming.

(05-05-2016, 08:55 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 08:46 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote:

Argh! why?

Unless Stickers are supposed to hover over your body I can't think of a reason to why they should limit the player. Especially when they are just supposed to be a fun item and not a item that limits the person wearing one.

Also Floorface they are right chill out. This is the biggest kneejerk reaction I've seen all year. Stop being super serious. People are shitting on your opinion not because you don't like something but because how you are presenting your opinion. You are seriously coming off as a anti-fun nerd.
I presented my opinion wrongly in game but even then I wasn't attacking any specific player. Some people sure seem to have a problem with me though, I was hoping for a response to my idea and then this thread gets closed. Instead I've got people reviving the moment in other threads, and giving me the umadbro?? treatment in the ideas forum.
Why do I even bother.
(05-06-2016, 08:08 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Why do I even bother.

I wasn't talking about you if that's what you thought I meant. Sorry.
setting yourself on fire is a pretty legit way to get stuff off of you
Not sure what the point of these as traitor items are if they can be easily removed. They already had few valid uses outside gimmicks. Might wanna just plop some out in z3 just to see them used more often. Like the mini bible.

It'd be a shame to see such a neat item go unused.