Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some brig suggestions I guess
Sad 
Instead of 4 solitary cells have only 2 of them with dimensions of 2x2, and give each an intercom on the wall so on the offchance that security takes your headset for whatever reason you can still talk to people. Also a toilet cause damn, man.

Also add that crystal glass to the visiting area so security isn't discouraged from putting several people into the general brig since apparently two people can immediately escape from there that way.
I love these ideas Hufflaw. This would fix my biggest issue with the brig on cogmap2 which it that it is too easy to break out of the big cell in the brig. Like I told you in IRC currently I don't even put people in the big cell and just put people in the small cells.
(05-04-2016, 01:18 PM)Huff H Law Wrote: add that crystal glass to the visiting area

Do crystal glass windows even do anything since the material system was introduced? It no longer hurts to step over, seems to break in just as many smacks as regular glass too (if not less)
The dream is dead.
Move the Security Lockdown button out of the armory, and into another room. It's too easy for the AI to fuck security over and never allow them back inside.
You could add a IR beam that seals the visiting room with those kinds deadbolt doors the Bridge has when its tripped
(05-04-2016, 01:41 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Move the Security Lockdown button out of the armory, and into another room. It's too easy for the AI to fuck security over and never allow them back inside.

This. I never knew where the damn lockdown button was before Erik's comment. Something like that should be available to all of security like it was in cogmap1
(05-04-2016, 01:27 PM)Grifflez Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 01:18 PM)Huff H Law Wrote: add that crystal glass to the visiting area

Do crystal glass windows even do anything since the material system was introduced? It no longer hurts to step over, seems to break in just as many smacks as regular glass too (if not less)

I think it has something to do with plasma glass having less shear, tensile, and compressive strength (at 5) than glass does (at 10).
How goon has changed. If any word of crystal glass was used during the time of cogmap 1, you'd of gotten verbally lynched. But alas, crystal glass on the visiting area side (the right side only) would be smart move.

I like how it takes two players to get out of the brig. But it is currently impossible to bust out on your own without tools/outside help.
Good? Perhaps. I think it'd be funny if there was a monkey armed with a knife in the brig with one of those magic monkey unmovable headslots that prevent insta-choking. That way if you were on your own somehow manage to defeat the ape without getting shanked to death you'd have your own way of escaping. Call him Furious George. I think it'd balance out things quite nicely.

Also, if you're smart, you can use the VR headsets to communicate with other players in solitary, if you are missing a headset. I like things that encourage you to think outside the box. I agree they should be larger 2 solitaries instead of 4, with glass in-between, toilets, sinks and some general items that an enterprising convict could make use of, like empty bottles, paper, cigs, matches.

The parole room could do with some work, mainly around the ejection chute. People think they leave through the belt hell way, which while isn't wrong, it's probably not the way they want to go. The ejection chute should be replaced with a floor flusher instead, which remains open until someone falls through. Although you could argue that this could simply be something that will be learned as people get used to the map, eh.

The security lockdown button can be countered. Find out how yourself scrubs.
(05-05-2016, 06:17 PM)Sundance Wrote: But it is currently impossible to bust out on your own without tools/outside help.

monkey armed with a knife

The parole room could do with some work, mainly around the ejection chute. People think they leave through the belt hell way, which while isn't wrong, it's probably not the way they want to go. The ejection chute should be replaced with a floor flusher instead, which remains open until someone falls through. Although you could argue that this could simply be something that will be learned as people get used to the map, eh.
It's not IMPOSSIBLE by yourself. You can use the computer if you are an uber-nerd.

I really like the hardened prisoner monkey idea, a vicious monkey that has been in prison for 30 years for trading cocaine bananas.

The parole room definitely needs work. Almost all of my prisoners just leave through belt hell because they don't understand they need to flush themselves down another chute unlike cog1. Maybe a little thin glassed wall between the belts and the lockers/chutes?
The illegal ???? drug stash inside the girder and hobo-wine should be a little more hidden.
The security router should probably be moved to a different room. Not only does it lead to prisoners spacing themselves on belt hell, it also leads to officers accidentally stumbling onto it during lag and traitors mailing sec welder bombs.

I also love the idea of a prison monkey.
(05-05-2016, 06:17 PM)Sundance Wrote: But it is currently impossible to bust out on your own without tools/outside help.

Yeah this is not true at all. Since I've come back from my three month break in this week of playtime alone I have had five times when someone has escaped the big cell by themselves. Do to my own carelessness one time and the rest due to green security officers not checking the crimer's stuff fully. It's got to the point where I don't throw anyone in the big cell anymore cause all it takes for them to do to break out of the big cell is

Step 1. Walk right

Step 2. Break the window

Step 3. Remove the table

removing the table is the hardest part if you don't have the tools but I hardly think the brig is secure when everything rides on a god damn table staying in one place

I'm all for people escaping the brig if they can and in no way am I saying they should stay in the brig no matter what. I know there are more then one way to break out of the brig as well. But as it stands I feel there is a higher chance of the Prisoner escaping then doing their time and I can't support Cogmap 2's brig when most of the time it can take little time or effort to escape and for the fact that due to all the improvement to Security as a whole I feel they still have it insanely tough already. I remember when escaping from the brig took planning, capitalizing on any opening that came your way and most importantly effort.

You are right Sundance Goon has changed. Mostly for the better but for every giant leap forward there is always two small steps back.
One last thing all I really want is these windows being added. Then my biggest issue will be solved.
(05-05-2016, 10:04 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: One last thing all I really want is these windows being added. Then my biggest issue will be solved.

The gen pop cell should be relatively easy to break out of. Making it fort fucking knox is a shit idea. We want to encourage criming for traitors and not a situation of complete lockdown.

A table or two and a glass window is fine. Its also good to have a wall against maint tunnela and glass towards the general inside sec area.

I would also suggest adminhelping the fuck out of any shitler who is or has broken out of jail when not a traitor. Doubly so if they go combative.