Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxins chambers don't get hot enough to make canister bombs
After thoroughly testing this over several days, I have been unsuccessful in making a canister bomb within a reasonable amount of time.

This is coming from the guy who used to be able to make maxcap bombs with no trouble at all.

I've tried varying the burn mix, changing the heating gas, *modifying the chamber itself* and it still doesn't work.

Something is dreadfully wrong.
The chamber itself is borked; you have to fuck with it. You can still poop out loads of canbombs by 45 given how gas up so fast these days, though.

Same thing with the engine. If you mess with the chamber in a certain way then you don't even need 'the hole'. The root of it seems to be that atmos doesn't register a wall-'vent' until you 'update' the previously enclosed area. If you don't 'update' it then the gas more or less acts like the wall-'vent' doesn't exist.

FEV problems sound nasty. I've always been suspicious of the vacuum flooring itself.
You are making canister bombs in the wrong place.
(05-03-2016, 10:00 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: The chamber itself is borked; you have to fuck with it. You can still poop out loads of canbombs by 45 given how gas up so fast these days, though.

Same thing with the engine. If you mess with the chamber in a certain way then you don't even need 'the hole'. The root of it seems to be that atmos doesn't register a wall-'vent' until you 'update' the previously enclosed area. If you don't 'update' it then the gas more or less acts like the wall-'vent' doesn't exist.

FEV problems sound nasty. I've always been suspicious of the vacuum flooring itself.

I have fucked with the chamber in numerous ways, and it still doesn't seem to work properly.

(05-04-2016, 02:00 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: You are making canister bombs in the wrong place.

Also, erik, I don't think the engine should be better at making bombs than the department whose sole purpose is bomb making. It IS currently, but it SHOULDN'T be.
I'm no expert when it comes to bomb making but I have seen many people complain that toxins is broken or is missing somethings. I'm surprised no one has fixed it yet.
I haven't seen or had any issues when making bombs at Toxins, a good canister bomb needs ~200kF hot plasma, which is easy to get.
(05-04-2016, 08:23 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: I haven't seen or had any issues when making bombs at Toxins, a good canister bomb needs ~200kF hot plasma, which is easy to get.

That's only twice the minimum needed to actually detonate a canister bomb.

Furthermore, such a bomb is only minutely more powerful than the MINIMUM power possible with a detonating canister bomb.

According to my calculations, even if I triple your temperature and assume that the canister is at the maximum possible pressure achievable for a normal canister without rupturing, the resulting bomb will only have 202 units of explosive force. Only two more than the minimum of 200 and far below the maximum cap of 7000.
[Image: d698b5d990.png]

[Image: 1b479f11aa.png]
That'll teach you for not speakin' 'murican, silly robutt.

This was from starting the heat at around 10 minutes. Mind, you can get it started by 3-4, I just latejoined. It's not working how it's 'supposed' to, but it can work. If it can be fixed that would be great; I just wont hold my breath because it's atmos related.
I don't have a reference for how big that satellite is, unfortunately.
Oh, forgot that bit. If I didn't fudge the math then that was cap and then some. The real part is the blueburn on level 1 pumps actually working. That's how it worked on cog1. It works on cog2, but needs some elbow grease for reasons? Not idea if it's the chamber shape, the tiles, the walls, or FEA in general.

Mysterious happenings!
(05-04-2016, 07:19 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Oh, forgot that bit. If I didn't fudge the math then that was cap and then some. The real part is the blueburn on level 1 pumps actually working. That's how it worked on cog1. It works on cog2, but needs some elbow grease for reasons? Not idea if it's the chamber shape, the tiles, the walls, or FEA in general.

Mysterious happenings!

Yeah see, I've been able to get the blueburn working, but I've had to invert the usual burnmix used for the engine and for cogmap 1 toxins.

I couldn't get it working without doing that.

But even with the blueburn, it still didn't heat properly.

I'm not sure how you guys got it to work at all.
Currently toxins is less about finding a good bomb mix and making a bomb and more about finding out how to modify the chamber correctly. This makes it really annoying since you can't exactly research how to modify it well since it's all bugs. Someone should definetely go fix the chamber.