Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Goonstation Lobby Theme
I was working on this a while back, it is incomplete but this is what I have so far.
Goonstation Lobby Theme Track Title: "Goon Syndrome".

If it gets well recieved then I will finish it, if not then, well, I probably wont. Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/GoonSyndrome
This may sound odd, but I've always liked how silent the lobby is, because I can keep the game up and wait for a new round while doing something else. If it could be muted, then I'd be for the lobby music. If it could also be muted for everyone at once by the admins in the pre-round to allow the occasional extra song to be played, that'd also be nice.

As for what musical motifs fit goonstation, I honestly have no idea. Your theme has a dark and foreboding feeling, which does fit goonstation, but in other ways it doesn't. It's really something I can't explain. Maybe less dread, but a feeling of confused wonder while still keeping the dark feeling? Whatever the hell that means.
the goonstation lobby used to have the spooky space sound ambiance.

I miss that versus the total silence of today
I like the lack of a theme, but love the 'music' that gets played on occasion. Even the anime OST remixes or whatever the fuck they play to screw with us. If anything I wouldn't mind a few DJs if they didn't play shit constantly like I know they would. Can't have nice things.

[shown above: Memories of my youth and a favorite of Goontunes]
Not having a lobby theme means we're free to play our own lobby themes whenever, so I can add this one to my pile.

This is neat, thanks!
I actually really like the track, but like others have said, it covers half of the equation. Almost more of a telescience theme.
I love this, please finish the song.
While I like this a lot I'm also with Mageziya in that it doesn't quite feel right. More Alien/cyberpunk than SS13 I guess. No idea how to make it a bit more lighthearted though.
If there was an actual lobby theme I would absolutely love it if it kind of sped up as the round draws closer. That would have the practical effect that it helps you tab back in time.