Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny Nations Feedback & Suggestions Thread
Hello, and welcome to Nations RP! As you've been lost in deep space for a good year now, far and away from any sort of proper communications, the various departments are starting to rise up to assert their own sovereignty and autonomy! In summary, YOU serve your department! There are seven departments: Engineering, Quartermasters, Civilian, Medical, Science, the UN (Command) and the Peacekeepers (Security). Work with your department to determine the future of the NSS Destiny! This is not an excuse to go on a murderous rampage.

UN
  • The UN is organized and lead by the Captain, henceforth called the UN leader.
  • He is responsible for holding the initial summit to decide the legitimate nations, and can also hold summits for anything whenever.
  • He is in control of the UN peacekeepers core.
  • The AI is considered a UN machine and under his command.
  • To declare an official war, the nations must go through the UN. The UN can set restrictions for this war before officially announcing it (IE science cannot used toxin bombs), and if there is a battle between the two nations before war is officially declared, the UN peacekeepers can get involved and stop the aggressors. UN peacekeepers can also get involved if the restrictions are broken.
  • It is the UN's job to enforce surrender conditions should a nation accept a charter of surrender.
Nations
  • Nations are decided by having representatives go to the initial UN summit. Any self-proclaimed nation that does not go to the summit is considered a rogue nation.
  • You do not require an official war declaration to attack rogue nations.
  • Nations CAN harm other nations without an official war declaration, but this is considered sabotage. If you are caught red-handed, the UN peacekeepers can get involved.
  • Treaties can happen at any time. However, if you do not present a paper signed by both nation's representatives to the UN, your ally cannot get involved in a war on your behalf without being smacked down by the peacekeepers.
  • WMDs are considered war crimes, and will get you arrested as a war criminal by the peacekeepers. WMDs are designated as: Toxins bombs, gas canister releases (IE sleeping gas or plasma), and chemical warfare.
  • In a war, nations can present a conditional or unconditional surrender to the enemy nation. If the enemy nation accepts and surrenders, the conditions are put into place and enforced by the UN. Unconditional surrenders allow you to demand whatever you want out of the enemy nation.
Merchants
  • Buy anything you want. Seriously. Guns, medkits, botany equipment, bees, strategic wasp drops, you name it.
  • Adminhelp the item you want to buy to get a price. Place that amount of money on the ground to get it.
I had a lot of fun as the only peacekeeping officer on the station. There was not really much to do as far as breaking up fights, as the only one really was a legally declared war between Science and Medbay. It was a bunch of fun going around and running between the crew sometimes making weapons deliveries or acting as a liason/informant. I can't wait to try it again. Maybe in the future come up with even a non-comprehensive list of things you can buy so people can plan their purchases?
When are these rounds hosted? I'd love to join the next one.
Yeah, maybe a list of ideas of things you can buy. I had a shit ton of money the entire game and no idea of what to spend it on. 

Besides that, it was super fun and i cannot wait for the next round.
[Image: GYXr5xmj_400x400.jpg]

I had fun roleplaying as the vapenation
All glory to cargiona! Too bad pretty much no one bought anything, but it was fun to trade with mechanics for machines.
If we're talking nations and RP and stuff, while I didn't play on any of the Destiny nation rounds (Or really Destiny ever.), some method of territorial control, similar to gang-mode's tagging system, for fighting over territory.

Side thought here: Interestingly, RP allows for some restrictions that were needed on certain game modes that failed. You could probably add Spy back into rotation for Destiny, as there's actual motivation for people to not just murder-bone the entire station as a way of exterminating the other spies. Maybe reduce the number of implants they get due to the general low-pop though.

If Spy is somehow back in place, then just call me a dumb.