Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launching "." with gravitons?
Bug 
So, after a round of making mechanics my personal autism fort. I started to experience some bugs. The first was random gas clouds appearing for a split second, and then disappearing without doing anything.

However, out of absolutely nowhere my logs got flooded with the same message OVER and OVER.

The steel-reinforced glass window was hit by .

What the hell is "."?

All I knew was that the window that was being hit was the one at the top of mechanics, and I was assuming this "object" that had had no sprite (nor did it appear on right click), was being launched by my graviton I had directly next to the window, underneath my DWAINE Terminal and Powernet networking component.

Please see the attached image that shows with a red circle where the graviton pads were located.

Steps to reproduce this bug:
1. Create lots of (self-gratifying) complex machines.
2. Make sure one of those machines is a graviton pad, (??being continuously activated by a control unit with ROM code B080 all round, while underneath a terminal/network component??) next to a window.
3. Wait

I have no idea if this will work, and I didn't catch the time into the round at which this started to occur. Also, if anybody can tell me what "." that would be greatly appreciated.
It's not launching a period, rather what ever it hitting the window doesn't have a name. The message would normally be: "The steel-reinforced window is hit by [object].", but in this case the [object] is blank, and therefore it doesn't appear giving the message you see in your example.
As for the random green smoke particles, those are the particles indicating where your components are all connecting (the dotted lines floating from one component to another) freaking out.
(05-01-2016, 06:03 PM)69andahalf Wrote: It's not launching a period, rather what ever it hitting the window doesn't have a name. The message would normally be: "The steel-reinforced window is hit by [object].", but in this case the [object] is blank, and therefore it doesn't appear giving the message you see in your example.

Oh alright. Though its still strange that this blank object was suddenly created.
The two might be related. My guess is that when the random smoke particles are created, it counts as an object, so much like how you can see windows hit by smoke clouds sometimes, the graviton accelerator is throwing the smoke at the window.
(05-02-2016, 02:55 AM)Roomba Wrote: The two might be related. My guess is that when the random smoke particles are created, it counts as an object, so much like how you can see windows hit by smoke clouds sometimes, the graviton accelerator is throwing the smoke at the window.

However, the smoke doesn't persist for more than a millisecond, and it doesn't fade out either. It just disappears abruptly. The only thing I could think of is that some smoke has the property to produce items like chocolate. If it just being generated without any reagents but has that property then perhaps that explains the existence of ".".