Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Signal + Right Click troubles
Sad 
So I am beginning to become more and more sure that what I am experiencing is due to bugs.

The first issue is to do with using the wireless network card/sigcatcher when using the portable computer.

In essence, it simply does not work most of the time. I have set the computers card to both the PDA frequency and Comms frequency, made sure my I was on "mode_free" and ran sigcatcher on "active auto". Here is the thing, I got it to work! However, I only got it to work once, and this was with the comms. I replicated the set up in future under both PDA and comms frequency and never got it to work a single time under the exact same circumstances in which I would send a message directly next to the laptop while sigcatcher was running. To replicate this bug just try it for yourself, maybe I am just an idiot but I GOT IT TO WORK and that certified for me that I was doing nothing wrong.

The second trouble is to do with setting the "send_signal" on mechanics components, such as the WIFI component. No matter what you enter into the box, it always automatically reverts to "1". I even sent a bunch of supposedly altered signals and caught them using the PDA version of Sigcatcher (which works fine?). Here is the screenshot (the ones where the message came through were from my remote signalling device, not the WIFI component):http://imgur.com/BqBANrT I had the entirely wrong idea about this, please ignore this section.

Lastly, I would like to point out that when you throw an item, you can no longer view its associated options via right clicking its tile. This is a problem for mechanics components and portable computers.

Maybe I need to get the new BYOND beta, I heard that caused problems with the overlays but not this...