Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Turd Ferguson, Windows 95/98(ai name)
BYOND Username: ZCamperz
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: EST: (5-10PM) weekdays, (5-pretty late PM) weekends

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
     i have been playing SS13 for a long time, like about 3 years. i have tried my hands on many stations, and i just kinda stuck on goonstation; the admins are chill, the people aren't toolboxing nerds like other servers, and it just had a chill atmosphere. i love goon and all its inhabitants, and i would love to give back to its community. i am kinda active on the forums, reading suggestions and submitting bugs and whatnot, but i have not been active at all on the irc, which i want to get into when i can learn not to be lazy. i help people with simple things, like basic ass chem recipes or how to build a window, but i would like to take up the Mentor roll so i can help more people.

When it comes to playing the game, i have played every job COUNTLESS times, from staff assistant to ai. my first months were simple stuff, like figuring out how to open my backpack, ect. years later, now i know extensive knowledge of every job, from deathchems to cooking recipes to starting the engine, to more mundane stuff to janitoring. hydroponics, artifact research, going into adventure zones, construction, and making bombs. the only thing im not really good at is DWAINE computer stuff, and the more advanced secret chems. i am also pretty robust in the way of a traitor, and can use the gear and my environment to be an effective traitor. i know some of the maps like the back of my hand (cog1 and cog2) and know where everything is located on any point. this is also why i enjoy AI every once in a while, and you might see me as Windows 95, semi-often.

overall, i think after my years of goonstation, i can be a great addition to the mentor team. i have extensive knowledge and mechanics of SS13. i want to repay goonstation, in that i can contribute to the community and to help other people out. i might come off as a rude nerd in game, but i hope i made an impact on most of you.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): late last year couple months ago i made a pipebomb/mousetrap and left it in a backpack in escape then logged off
I think zcamperz would make a good mentor. He knows his stuff!
After seeing him in a fair few rounds, he seems knowledgeable enough. Sure, mentor he.
I actually can't personally recall you as being that knowledgeable or helpful. I don't recall you being shit either. I really don't recall anything particularly noteworthy at all, to be honest.

I'm going to have to say no for now.

Also, while it's not my place to judge this, you posted on someone else's mentor application after opening this one.
I've always found Turd to be a cool dude who knows his stuff. He should totally be mentor!
Yep, he knows his stuff, and is generally a pretty chill dude, I recommend him for mentor.
My requirements for recommendation are: 'They've been around, isn't terrible, and knows things.' In that case you pass.

(05-07-2016, 10:20 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Also, while it's not my place to judge this, you posted on someone else's mentor application after opening this one.

You did do that, though, which usually gets your application held back a month.
Does your whole post have to bold. Really.
This guy is great. Suck this may be pushed back cause of this.

(05-07-2016, 10:20 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Also, while it's not my place to judge this, you posted on someone else's mentor application after opening this one.

But he knows his stuff and he is a great Security officer to boot. Give it a few months of constant security playing and I think you'd have a great chance at becoming a HoS. SO I vote yes anyways.