Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Lem Tables / Bitbot / Various AI names, including Doormachine
BYOND Username: Cirrial
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Times Available: GMT/BST evenings from about 8 PM onwards, and weekends at variable times typically

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
After a certain round where Hufflaw demonstrated I wasn't nobody, I remembered my times on #goonstation and the fun chats and such I'd had there, so I went back to IRC to hang out. It was after about the fourth random question someone asked on #goonstation that made me think "hm, I could probably field some of these questions in game using the system that's already been put into place there." This game is a glorious mess of systems, some documented, some not, and it's a hell of a lot to learn.

I'm applying mostly because I enjoy helping out others, despite the way I may or may not have come across in some of the rounds I've played. While I try to be a chill antagonist, it doesn't always work out like that, so my apologies if the only interaction you recognise my name for (if you recognise me at all!) was of a rude dude with a fire extinguisher. I don't often get the opportunity to help people out in game as much as I'd like, because I fall for the "I'm unsure of what to do, can you help me?" distraction tactic a little too many times with my eagerness to help people out. Well, it's not like this is a HoS application. I'm not the most robust.

Let's go into experience. I first started playing this game about April or May 2015, and the complexity of its systems fascinated me. I dropped off the face of the planet around August or September of that year to finish my thesis, and only recently came back about the end of March or start of April 2016. As a result, I have this awkward gap in knowledge where I understand things like the recipes to (non-secret) chemicals off by hand and have to ask someone where the hell XYZ random item from Cogmap 1 is now. 

The systems I understand the best at this point are related mostly to medical and chemical systems. I have a pretty good understanding of large chunks of DWAINE, although some of the finer points of packet sniffing and creation (as well as MechComp in general) are lost on me. I have a reasonable understanding of chemistry and reagents, and, relatedly, a reasonable understanding of the medical system and the constant awareness of how bad I am at it relative to the medical geniuses who run around with cryo pills and teperone with a dash of strange reagent to taste. I've always helped out borgs as a roboticist with module changes and joint oiling, and I have more than enough experience as a borg and AI myself to know what a roboticist ought to do to make borgs' lives easier. I could lie and say I understand the principles of engine hellburning, but atmos is a mystery to me and knowing how to set a thing up is not the same as knowing why it works the way it does. I definitely know how the safe, sane ways of starting the engine!

I'm comfortable enough in most jobs these days to have all of them in my preferred job list, and that includes antagonists as well. I am not going to pretend I am an effective antagonist, but it's been a long, long time since I was last mobbed for my telecrystals five minutes into a round. 

Except clown. I am one hell of a mediocre clown. The worst kind of clown.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I was caught by an esoteric autobanner, because I am a colossal nerd who finds irrelevant autobanners in a public source release and thinks "huh, wonder if that's still actually a thing". Gannets repealed the ban within about an hour or two of it happening.
Lem Tables is a pretty alright player, purple he!
Lem Tables is a knowledgeable and pleasant player.

He would make a good mentor.
I've had no problems with Lem and he knows nerd things. Given his time and activity, his cult-application success is a forgone conclusion barring horrible closet skellingtons.
Lem Tables is a nice person, he would be very good at mentor, yes.
I think Cirrial would make a good mentor.
Don't know how long he's been playing but whenever i see lem theyre doing something that requires knowledge, and if my memory isn't totally destroyed hes cool to people. In short, PURPLE
i see him help people do things all the time! i think he will be a great mentor
He actually cleans the station as a Jani-Borg. Do you know how insane that is? That insanity would fit perfectly with purple text!
yeah this guy is decent and doesnt have his head up his butt