Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Symbols get broken in manually assembled signal packets
Hello again,
I was toying around with various wireless and wired signal constructions as a mechanic. Main thing I was trying to do was making a teleporter remote for telesci. Through packet sniffing it wasn't hard to find out what packets the telesci computer sends to send/receive/toggle portals. However they all look like this:

Code:
command=term_message; data=command=teleman&args=-p 1 portal toggle; address_1=020038d4; sender=02021fa3;
so far so good, however I tried assembling this packet with SigPal and it replaces the '&' with ; amp;. So I thought of using the powernet networking component which allows spaces but that replaces '&' with "; ". I also tried to assemble the packet in the PDA but I think there the problem was changing spaces ' ' to '+'es.

If this is intentional then nevermind, it just seemed strange to me to have the option to inject packets and then have it not fully functional.
It was working perfectly fine for me. At least for monster farms it did. IIRC you have to deconstruct some signals. I'll check it out when I can.

A note: I only ever used mechcomp so I could make it remote controlled. There's no reason I know of to spoof the signal via terminal connection as you can grain direct access to teleman via DWAINE anyways.
The terminal was just the quickest way to send a packet for testing purposes, it would have to be mechcomp to work remotely. You mean you deconstructed the original signal to get what you need to send? I'll try that, still it would be nice if the packets were working the same on all systems. Not all that important as long as the mechcomp stuff works though.
Yeah some things are broken with packets, but it's probably one of those things where angriest would have to recode the computer system because byond logic.

For instance: I made a voice activated calculator with mechcomp and eval (I needed it for some larger machine), but it didn't work with addition. Subtraction, divisions, multiplication, even modulo -- all worked. 2 2 +? That equals 2. I probably should have reported that months ago but I forgot about it and the knowledge is so nerd-level that I'm probably one of 3 people who would be affected.

Telepackets: Well the method I used before works, but it uses the packets coming from teleman when commanded by a terminal and not the teleporter console. I'll test the console's inputs later.
I'm honestly just amazed AngriestIBM managed to make DWAINE within Byond.
Yes. Packets are being wrongly encoded in all sorts of places, some machines even decode it, and later recode it again. It's all one big mess.
Yeah, my further attempts yielded nothing else. The powernet-mechcomp breaks most special characters. Does anybody know what sort of encoding is used there? maybe it has a way to represent those characters? I mean if at least the mechcomp could send the data correctly any further problems would be with other systems.
Wi-Fi components also replace ";" with "&".
I want to see these issues fixed sooo badly.
The issue is under investigation.
[Image: 7t6SPa2.png]