Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SS13 on Wine
Recently I've been trying to run this server on wine for linux. While I can start the game and somewhat play it, every tile has a lighting rainbow, and lighting does not work.  Any ideas on how to fix this? Other servers work properly, so I think this is related to goon's colored lighting.

I also tried running ss13 in virtualbox under windows 7, but in that case, every tile is completely white.

[Image: ZiGN58U.jpg]
BYOND is best installed within it's own win32 architecture prefix. Assuming a prefix of 'your/prefix'path', run the following to set up a prefix for SS13

Code:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path wineboot
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path winetricks wsh56 wsh57 jscript mfc42 vcrun6 corefonts d3dx9
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path winetricks ie7
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path winetricks ie8

Then, using WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path you can run the installer:

Code:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path wine byond_installer.exe

Then, to run BYOND:

Code:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path wine "C:\Program Files\BYOND\bin\byond.exe"

I'd however suggest either dual booting, or using a VM.
I basically did that to install originally. However the issue is the rainbow tiles. Also A VM does not work, as I stated in the main post.

Edit: It seems there were a few winetricks I didn't install. I'll try those.

Edit2: Seems it improved the fonts some, but the rainbows are still there and lighting still does not work.
(04-28-2016, 05:24 AM)Amelorate Wrote: I basically did that to install originally. However the issue is the rainbow tiles. Also A VM does not work, as I stated in the main post.

There isn't that much that can be done sadly, but as i mentioned in my previous post you could try adding "d3dx9" into the wine prefix.
Byond will never cease to me amaze me with the multifarious ways it can break.
(04-28-2016, 07:01 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Byond will never cease to me amaze me with the multifarious ways it can break.

If SS13 code is held together with alcohol and hubris, I'd hate to see what holds together byond. Mysterious happenings!
(04-28-2016, 04:44 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 07:01 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Byond will never cease to me amaze me with the multifarious ways it can break.

If SS13 code is held together with alcohol and hubris, I'd hate to see what holds together byond. Mysterious happenings!

Byond uses Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer, as part of its engine functions. That is something that will never cease to amaze me.

It's also ~20 years old. The entire thing is made of miracles, nightmares, and duct tape.