Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Malachi Agg
BYOND Username: Rukral
Times Available: For the time being, most weekdays and weekends, usually in the EST afternoons and evenings.

Reason for Application and Experience: 

I’ve been playing SS13 on Goonstation for just over 4 years now. I’ve had some bad rounds, I’ve had some good rounds, and I’ve had rounds that were rounds that just were. I’ve been on and off but enjoyed the various shenanigans on these great servers for years. A couple months ago after a certain round with Shotgunbill and Dions, I decided that I wanted to get more involved in the community outside of the game. While I’m still not too terribly active on the forums, usually just reading through threads and whatnot, I’ve been making an effort to be more active in the IRC in particular. I’ve been contributing my knowledge about the game to efforts like those of Solsquad, and want to continue to use the wealth of experience and knowledge I’ve gained over the years to assist players and the Goonstation community as a whole. I want to help give back to Goonstation in some way for all the hilarious stories it’s given me these past few years.

When it comes to experience, I’ve done just about every job from miner to barman and everything in between. Four years this month has given me plenty of time to learn the general tricks of trade for most of the jobs out there. I’ve learned important things like setting up the engine, being a good mechanic, effective mining, and other fun stuff such as bartending, cooking, hydroponics, robotics, and telesci. I know far too much about telesci from all the time I’ve spent in the adventure zones. I know how to do construction fairly well, and even have been attempting to learn effective use of TermOS and ThinkDOS. I have some areas of weakness, such as the more advanced chems, bomb making and the more tricky medical treatments. I know station maps like the back of my hand however, and where just about everything is located. I also have strong knowledge in traitoring in pretty much every traitor role there is, what traitor items and skills do and effective uses for them. I can safely say I know clowning around well enough to get the entirety of sec to interrogate me, threaten to space me, accidentally space me, then sacrifice one of their own to save me because of how much fun they had during the entire interrogation. Being the AI is something I take great delight in now and then. It’s a tough but enjoyable position to have once in a blue moon when I feel like really keeping myself busy during a round. I’ve even been dipping my toes into security now and then to try and get experience enough to eventually put in an application for HoS whitelisting, though I don’t feel I have enough security experience to confidently apply for that quite yet.

Overall, I feel that with four years experience on the goonstation servers, this could be a beneficial way to help and be involved in the community I’ve come to enjoy so much. I know all the roles, the locations, and general knowledge to get through the rounds. Only in the finer points of some jobs am I lacking in experience. If I can offer my skills in the role of a mentor, I’ll be delighted to help as I can. If not, I’ll still be content to continue playing a part in things such as the ongoing Sol speculation.

Previous Bans: Banned once a few years back for I think a week? I threw a lit welder on a pile of 300+ erebite to see what would happen. Apparently crippling server crashes.
I honestly thought you were already a mentor.
One of the smartest dudes I know around, I would go so far to say he is wicked smaht.
Super fun to play with, and to talk with in and out of game.
Should've applied already! Banging head against the wall
You aren't a mentor already? what the fuck
I've always known Malachi Agg to know their shit. Give Rukral the purple text.
Great player and a smart player. I've never had a bad time playing with this person either. A yes from me.
(04-26-2016, 10:01 PM)Fresh Lemon Wrote: I honestly thought you were already a mentor.
(04-27-2016, 03:10 AM)Haine Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 10:01 PM)Fresh Lemon Wrote: I honestly thought you were already a mentor.
(04-27-2016, 04:44 AM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 10:01 PM)Fresh Lemon Wrote: I honestly thought you were already a mentor.
(04-27-2016, 06:21 AM)69andahalf Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 10:01 PM)Fresh Lemon Wrote: I honestly thought you were already a mentor.
yeah make him the teacher guy
(04-27-2016, 06:46 AM)Vunterslaush Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 06:21 AM)69andahalf Wrote:
I could have sworn you were already a mentor, so mentor he!
Good lord, I could've sworn you were already a mentor.

You are one of the most knowledgeable players in this game, so it's a definite yes from me.
how the actual fuck are you not a mentor