Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Materials/Fabricators/Armor Retooling and Miscellaneous Improvements
(05-04-2016, 09:36 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Note that I wasn't able to replace the Nanotrasen Helmets in the armory with the riot helmets because I have no idea how byond mapping works.

It's actually really simple.
(05-10-2016, 12:47 AM)Naximous Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 09:36 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Note that I wasn't able to replace the Nanotrasen Helmets in the armory with the riot helmets because I have no idea how byond mapping works.

I tried it, and it turns out it's godawful on ultra-high resolution monitors like I have.

Everything is ridiculously small, and unlike the actual byond client, I wasn't able to atleast partially fix it.
I made some changes to space suits based on feedback in this thread:

http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6383&page=2
(05-10-2016, 08:45 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 12:47 AM)Naximous Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 09:36 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Note that I wasn't able to replace the Nanotrasen Helmets in the armory with the riot helmets because I have no idea how byond mapping works.

I tried it, and it turns out it's godawful on ultra-high resolution monitors like I have.

Everything is riydiculously small, and unlike the actual byond client, I wasn't able to atleast partially fix it.
Can't you like uhh.. change your screen resolution? There is also a zoom option in the DMs map editor.
(05-21-2016, 10:39 AM)Naximous Wrote: There is also a zoom option in the DMs map editor.

I can, but then it looks even worse because everything except the text is fucking colossal.

(05-21-2016, 10:39 AM)Naximous Wrote: There is also a zoom option in the DMs map editor.

It's already at the max I can set it to.
Finally implementing most of the rest of this (I am very distractable) with a couple changes:

from here:
Code:
else if (istype(W,/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass) && stage == 1)
    else if (istype(W,/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass) && stage == 1) // this actually includes watering cans, oil cans, and such.
        if (istype(W,/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass/beaker/large) || istype(W,/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass/wateringcan) || istype(W,/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass/oilcan)) //no more 240 unit grenades, sorry.
            boutput(user, "<span style=\"color:red\">This beaker is too large!</span>")
            return

I think I was the one who suggested doing this in the first place but I realized there was a much simpler way to do it than a bunch of istype()s:
Code:
else if (istype(W,/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass) && stage == 1)
    if (beakers.len == 2)
        boutput(user, "<span style='color:red'>The grenade can not hold more containers.</span>")
        return
    var/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass/G = W
    if (G.initial_volume > 50) // anything bigger than a regular beaker, but someone could varedit their reagent holder beyond this for admin nonsense
        boutput(user, "<span style='color:red'>This beaker is too large!</span>")
        return
(beakers.len check goes first because it's more important than the size check)

from here:
Code:
if (head && (head.c_flags & SPACEWEAR))
    space_suit += 0.5
if (wear_mask && (wear_mask.c_flags & SPACEWEAR)) // why on earth was this commented out?
    space_suit += 0.5 // so you can't just wear helmets and masks and be safe

I realized there was actually a simple way to prevent people wandering out and being protected from space in only a helmet and mask:
Code:
if (head && (head.c_flags & SPACEWEAR))
    space_suit++
else if (wear_mask && (wear_mask.c_flags & SPACEWEAR))
    space_suit++
now it only checks for masks if a helmet isn't already present  v