Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
There Is No SS13 Theme
You know that catchy 16-bit lobby music for Space Station 13 that has been around since the early days of the old /tg/ builds? Well, guess what! It is actually the title screen music for Robocop The Game from the 1980s.

No, you read the right, I shit you not, the recognizable SS13 theme that we all remember is from FREAKING ROBOCOP THE VIDEO GAME there are multiple versions of the music on multiple platforms but they are all the same theme

Maybe some people already knew this, but I have to say, I am shocked.
Well I imagine the theme on goonstation would be some mix of farts, screams, and radioactiff cloun johnson. This comes to mind.

I'm not surprised though. I wouldn't expect someone to craft production quality chip for our communities when we can just yank stuff from elsewhere. There's tons of wonderful chips that come from old, unsassuming games. For example:
Didn't cboyardee do the cover of robocop that all those codebases use? It's a neat song!

I'm glad we don't have lobby music so I can play my own dumb junk all the time.
A bunch of other servers use songs like these.

If we had one I would definitely say Robocop though. Or clown.wmv which is just a remix of the robocop theme, but fit for Goonstation.
it's funny, over the years there have been plenty of people who have offered/said that they were making a goon-specific intro songs, myself included

Goon Musicians Guild soon, where we can finally dedicate a thread to saying we'll do a thing and not doing it!!
There is a traitor.ogg file in rev4407 you can listen to. It's pretty neat.
daeren made this years ago and i think it would be a good fit

(04-30-2016, 03:32 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: daeren made this years ago and i think it would be a good fit

*scream
I swear, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon but I was at one point working on a Goonstation theme too. Now that I am thinking about it again I might actually finish it.