Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
[Feature] FogMachine-3000
This patch fixes the old fog machine, and re-adds it as a 6TC traitor item. get in not go out

Preview: https://totallynotmy.website/_NA-.webm
Patch: https://gist.github.com/Chnkr/5870b1f656...41e424329f
Was this originally removed because the smoke was laggy? I can't wait for ice spider fog.
I'm hoping by fix you mean make it not a horrible lag machine. Seems interesting though
That secret add in of a fantasia reference for the apprentice hat though. staredog
(04-24-2016, 11:10 AM)zewaka Wrote: That secret add in of a fantasia reference for the apprentice hat though. staredog

That used to be there already, seems that something went wrong when merging some local branches back and forth, the patch has been updated to reflect this.
Does it also fix the botanical mister as well?

Nevermind, that's not supposed to be a fog machine.

Can't wait to see this monstrosity back. I've had sinister plans for its return for ages now.
(04-24-2016, 05:24 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Does it also fix the botanical mister as well?

No, but i'll see what i can do.
Giving this a very friendly bump, wizards please All Ears
The botanical mister actually works properly now, so please disregard my question.
Are they resistant to acid?
smoke is currently broken sometimes when it feels like so this might not be good to add until that is fixed
(07-27-2017, 07:10 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: smoke is currently broken sometimes when it feels like so this might not be good to add until that is fixed

what's broken about it? I could perhaps submit a patch to fix it Smug
it only smokes the tile it reacts on instead of an area so its useless.

most of the time
(07-28-2017, 03:02 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: it only smokes the tile it reacts on instead of an area so its useless.

most of the time

I've played with smokepowder fairly recently and found that it isn't so much bugged as it is just super finicky to use.

Smoke seems to respect line of sight and the density of objects with which is interacts, stopping when it hits something that would normally block movement. You can test this by mixing a beaker of carbon and stabilized smokepowder, placing it on the ground, spreading a few lockers around it (but not on top of it!), and setting it off with a dropped welder. The smoke will dirty up the floors around it and under the lockers, but not the floors behind the lockers.

Triggered from inside your inventory or hand, it will affect only the tile you're standing on. I guess it counts players as solid and thinks that it is blocked on all sides, resulting in it affecting the only tile it considers valid, the one you're standing on.

Thus, in order for the smoke to work, it must be triggered on a tile that does not contain anything remotely solid. I've tested this by smoking a bunch of acid in the monkeypit, resulting in lots of dead monkeys and melted objects.
(07-29-2017, 08:48 AM)Superlagg Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 03:02 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: it only smokes the tile it reacts on instead of an area so its useless.

most of the time

I've played with smokepowder fairly recently and found that it isn't so much bugged as it is just super finicky to use.

Smoke seems to respect line of sight and the density of objects with which is interacts, stopping when it hits something that would normally block movement. You can test this by mixing a beaker of carbon and stabilized smokepowder, placing it on the ground, spreading a few lockers around it (but not on top of it!), and setting it off with a dropped welder. The smoke will dirty up the floors around it and under the lockers, but not the floors behind the lockers.

Triggered from inside your inventory or hand, it will affect only the tile you're standing on. I guess it counts players as solid and thinks that it is blocked on all sides, resulting in it affecting the only tile it considers valid, the one you're standing on.

Thus, in order for the smoke to work, it must be triggered on a tile that does not contain anything remotely solid. I've tested this by smoking a bunch of acid in the monkeypit, resulting in lots of dead monkeys and melted objects.

Huh.

I guess we have an explanation now. The whole idea of smoke respecting line of sight seems dumb though.