Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunger?
So how would people feel about hunger being a factor in this game? It'd give the chef/vending machines use and it'd be fun to run a cafe with some assistant waiters, then be shoved in your own gibber for not producing food fast enough. It'd also provide a use to those space credits that pile up in your account (Please remove PINs if you do do this), and your fellow Medbay doctors would love you for bringing a pizza so everyone could have lunch (And cut it with a saw/scalpel!) Really, I think it wouldn't be too bad.

Symptoms of hunger don't necessarily have to be death or anything, you could just walk slowly as if damaged, and produce audible stomach growling noises, maybe fall over due to weakness once in awhile. What do you guys think?
This has been suggested many times, and it always ends up being agreed on that food already heals you if you're not too low on health, and that you shouldn't have to stop the pace of the round so you can go grab a snack.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:This has been suggested many times, and it always ends up being agreed on that food already heals you if you're not too low on health, and that you shouldn't have to stop the pace of the round so you can go grab a snack.

Well, even if you ARE low on health, people would still rather run to Medbay and scream for a Bicardine injection for their 4 brute damage. I just think it'd help to stimulate the space economy that some of the admins would like to see, if it was necessary to get nourishment.

The only real problems I see with this are Miners and such getting hungry in space, maybe add a snack machine to the Miner's shuttle.
Yeah food is a bad idea because it's something that will completely interrupt a round for everyone at once. It might be good in a heavy roleplay server, but we're really not that at all.

One cool thing could bee Munchies; smoke too much weed, and you'll have to eat or you'll start to get symptoms like you would for light drug addiction.
This has been suggested and denied dozens of times already.