Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canbomb Whoops
So I made canbombs 'cuz I was bored. :freep: All of them had a radio and an RSD, but that's it. I 'cleaned up' the derelict level with 3 of them. Standard stuff. RSD command sent, timers autoset to 90 seconds, warnings sent, explosion happened 2-1/2 minutes later as usual.

...but I had two left. So I decided to set up some post-shuttle party favors. I set two canbombs in the station beside two of the airbridges. I waited till the shuttle had under a minute-thirty to leave even though I know they take longer than that to explode, then I pressed the button.

Galactic Command Wrote:Galactic Command Update

A canister bomb is primed in Space! It is set to go off in 0 seconds.

Galactic Command Update

A canister bomb is primed in Space! It is set to go off in 0 seconds.

BOOM!!

Suffice to say that I and the other dead people were quite surprised.. I'm unaware of any method to set timers to 0 with an RSD attachment. Before even that, there was no difference between the assemblies and setups of the 5 bombs. They should have been the same?

shrug

EDIT: Oh right. I had set up the assemblies beforehand -- all on the same radio frequency and code. I set off the three on the derelict, came back, and attached the rest of the assemblies to the last two cans. Could activating the assemblies make the timer count down to zero? Then when you attach them and reactivate, they start out at zero? I figured the whole 'assembly' was only complete once it was attached to a can. Either way, I'd rather that not happen for balance reasons. The logistics of distribution with a 90 second timer is one of the hardest parts of canbombing.