Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Allow martians to wear masks
Joined as an ambassador martian a few rounds ago. A fireball-spamming wiz had breached walls all over the place, resulting in a largely airless station. Because martians can't wear masks, they have no way of setting internals or wearing a spacesuit, so moving about the station involved a several minute frozen slog from air pocket to air pocket.

Martians should, at the very least, be able to wear masks so that they can set internals. Maybe even give them the ling's immunity to the cold of space + no need to breathe if you're committed to nude martians - they're rare enough that it shouldn't significantly upset the game's balance.
I'm for ling like immunity. They're Martians, they love space.
Gentle reminder that this is still an issue, and on maps like Clarion/Mushroom where ambassadors spawn straight onto the station, they don’t even have the safety of the arrivals shuttle available to them. Even a tiny breach that would be merely annoying to others is inevitable death for a Martian ambassador.
(04-14-2016, 07:20 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'm for ling like immunity. They're Martians, they love space.
Same stance. Still haven't figured out if this is a 'lolno' issue or 'don't feel like it' issue.
Afaik you can't randomly become a Martian, you have to select Diplomat when late-joining. So any malaise you suffer was brought upon by choice and then bad luck. And I am under the impression that that is their whole point: an even harder mode for people who are bored.

Can't Martians use chems either? There should be at least 1 Oxi-medkit in the arrivals shuttle, the salbutamol pills should allow you to reach the bar and the barman can help you from there.
i think this is a good idea and i support any and all attempts to un-shit martians
martians should absolutely be at least able to wear internals if not be immune to space

how else is martian mode gonna work
If killer martians can breath in space, so should friendly martians.
Or better yet reverse it, that is the price you pay for sin!