A Word from your Geneticist
Heart 
I am a Geneticist

I did not choose Assistant, because I don't want to wander aimlessly
I did not choose Scientist, because I don't want to burn to death
I did not choose Medical Doctor, because I don't want the pressure

I chose to be a Geneticistso please let me be one

I start a new round
restrain a monkey, start getting basic research out of the way, and say hello to other medical staff.
I'm ready to start to do my job
But of course, you just do it better after all

Oh the Captain and the Medical Director, how silly of me to think that I should be doing genetics
Obviously, my job is to get pushed out of my chair within 20 minutes so you can get superpowers
No need to ask me, or even answer me, just go ahead and spend all of my materials

And when you inevitably let the monkeys out, don't wait around for me to sedate and pull them
Just go ahead and start beating them, I'm sure you can win against six of them with just that toolbox
I believe in you

Once you leave, I may even have the gall to try and get mutation injectors and reclaimers
But how wrong I must have been, because you still have some potential genes left
so obviously I haven't been doing anything

In the end, when the station is on fire
traitors have firmly planted a c-sabre into both of our chests
Feel free to blame me for the deaths
After all,

I wasn't doing my job

Yeah, it's a bit of a rant. I had a real nasty couple of games lately so I just wanted to vent

if you have a question, agree, or just think I'm full of shit, feel free to comment Boogiebot
That reminds me, I haven't been mutadone smoking the geneticists nearly enough lately. I should get back to that habit.
Gifttank
I love poetry
This didn't rhyme at all ):
I should be a geneticist more often.
Well, I stopped playing Geneticist simply because genetics got blown up 20 minutes in -- every, single, time. My curse lasted for about a week, which broke me of the job.

I didn't mind that people default to hating genetics: Your standard geneticist is horrible and spends 50-60 minutes getting powers to.. uh.. show off on the shuttle? Yeah, good job. I like making stations filled with puke and viscous farts... it's the small things in life, you know?

I didn't mind the incursions: The Boss is easy access funding and, well, my boss. The greytide can be turned into genetics buddies by tossing them an activator or two. The people with sec access might be persuaded out of a taser. Everyone has their uses, just as I have mine.

I didn't mind teaching people: Teaching people is fun. The only problem I had was a guy that didn't understand "Other people's activators don't activate your genetics" presented in several different ways. Then again, I said teaching people is fun; potatos are for eating.

I didn't even mind blowing up: I like explosions. Might be a 'murican thing.

It takes a geneticist about 15-20 minutes to get started. Having it blow up right after I got done with the boring stuff is what broke me of it.

TL;DR: Blow Genetics up quicker.
I stopped trying to learn genetics for the time being because of the explosions and the people barging in and ruining lots of work demanding things. Despite how I appear, I am not that smart.

The same happens a lot when I play mechanic. People will wrench everything and I've even been beaten to crit before actually building anything because they thought I was making a trap, when I was really making something fun.
(04-14-2016, 02:25 PM)Arborinus Wrote: The same happens a lot when I play mechanic. People will wrench everything and I've even been beaten to crit before actually building anything because they thought I was making a trap, when I was really making something fun.

That is unbelievably shitty.
To be fair, I've been killed more times by mechanics than I haven't when using things they've made.

Between the chef, barman, and you guys I'd swear you don't know how to have fun unless you trick someone into killing themselves.
(04-14-2016, 07:16 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: To be fair, I've been killed more times by mechanics than I haven't when using things they've made.

Between the chef, barman, and you guys I'd swear you don't know how to have fun unless you trick someone into killing themselves.

As a chef, I never cook lethal food unless someone asks.
(04-14-2016, 05:22 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 02:25 PM)Arborinus Wrote: The same happens a lot when I play mechanic. People will wrench everything and I've even been beaten to crit before actually building anything because they thought I was making a trap, when I was really making something fun.

That is unbelievably shitty.

I hope you adminhelp things like this Arborinus

Seriously though the hate for this job and the people who play it should be over by now. The cloner has been made public it's still their job to clone people but they don't even have to now. Most geneticist have been super nice to me since cogmap2 dropped. Like they test me for powers with nothing in return. Stop being Jerks nerds.
Bring back port-a-gene!
(04-14-2016, 09:54 PM)Naximous Wrote: Bring back port-a-gene!

Oh yes, what a better thing to reinforce than the geneticists attitude to sit as far away from any form of human interaction to give themselves all their powers! Sorry if that's a joke, but god damn did the port-a-gene ever suck.
(04-14-2016, 09:54 PM)Naximous Wrote: Bring back port-a-gene!

I can't think of a worse idea to attract more genetics hate than that.    Fuck off.