Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove/nerf the grapple gun
While I do realize it's a cool thing to mess around with, it's quickly gone from neat  to now nobody has an ID except for the person with the gun, making it impossible to navigate or even do your job properly.

To make things more clear, you can mass produce them in mechanics, meaning you've effectively got an endless supply of stealing, rather than a thing that needs recharging. It's also absolutely silent and barely noticeable in chat, meaning people sometimes won't notice until they go to open a door they should have access to.
IMO, there is no need to nerf the grapple gun. You can only mass produce them if you order one, and a syndicate scanner which means you need to spend almost all of your TC to do this.

And then comes the fact that if you do end up scanning one, it will mean that anyone that has access to a ruckingenur kit can print their own grapple gun, so if you where to spend some time, or effort to travel to the mechanics outpost, which can be accessed by ANYONE that can board a space pod.

Not to speak about the fact that you can still stun, flash and otherwise kill him if you have means of doing so.
Hey! You forgot the high pitched screams when you get hit!
(04-10-2016, 09:06 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: IMO, there is no need to nerf the grapple gun. You can only mass produce them if you order one, and a syndicate scanner which means you need to spend almost all of your TC to do this.

And then comes the fact that if you do end up scanning one, it will mean that anyone that has access to a ruckingenur kit can print their own grapple gun, so if you where to spend some time, or effort to travel to the mechanics outpost, which can be accessed by ANYONE that can board a space pod.

Not to speak about the fact that you can still stun, flash and otherwise kill him if you have means of doing so. 
How would mass producing them benefit anyone else, because by the time it's known there's someone stealing everybody's IDs more than half the station no longer has an ID, meaning it's pretty much pointless to do so anyways. Not to mention this means that the person with them already has all the ID's, making stealing an ID from them pretty much pointless.
IDs? Pffft. That's nothing! When I hear PDA bombs I turn messaging off. When I hear grapple gun I put my ID away. While annoying as heck, it's completely (read: mostly) harmless.

Tying shoelaces with superglue on the other hand... insidious bastards! Grimm and frostbitten
Unless it's a constant issue this just seems like a knee jerk nerf reaction.
They shouldn't be able to be scanned.
Alright, so I was a bit stressed at the time of posting this, but I'll concede to the fact that it doesn't need a nerf, but honestly scanning it is absolutely obnoxious, and really shouldn't be a thing.
(04-10-2016, 04:43 PM)Camnui Wrote: Alright, so I was a bit stressed at the time of posting this, but I'll concede to the fact that it doesn't need a nerf, but honestly scanning it is absolutely obnoxious, and really shouldn't be a thing.

I'd have to disagree because mass producing three stooges guns sounds hilarious and I support anything that distracts traitorous mechanics from building crusher traps.
Also people doing silly dumb shit is better than Esword Rampage #3284826
Clearly what we need is the ability to suture/staple/glue the ID to yourself so it can't be stolen easily.
(04-10-2016, 09:52 PM)RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote: Clearly what we need is the ability to suture/staple/glue the ID to yourself so it can't be stolen easily.

And attempting to steal the ID card stapled to your chest (not jumpsuit, your chest) yanks the grapple gunner into you, stunning you both.

Also if the rounds where a grapple gun is mechanic scanned are really so bad, just be a fun-hating jerk and stamp on whoever the mechanic is.

Or all of them because mechanics are second in awfulness only to geneticists
Look at it another way: In choosing to steal your ID, he has forfeited the option to shoot you with a shotgun.