Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Straws for making containers drinkable.
http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6203

addendum to that guy's suggestion

Basically add a straw to almost anything (or anything, if you're insane) and now you can drink from it by clicking on it.

Trying to fill the container without removing the straw first could cause the straw to fall out. Just in case the drinking glass code and beaker code are too dissimilar. I assume it might be doable to turn the beaker into a drinking container with more space, then change it back when the straw is removed. I dunno for sure though.

For instance botany could have coconuts, which could have a silly coconut milk reagent. 

Chemistry could sip drugs straight from the beaker.

An staff assistant could start trying to drink all the welding fluid from one of those orange tanks.

Reasons for: Because scientists should drink in style.

Reasons against: This may have all kinds of unintended effects on chemistry balancing, which will probably need more overdoses.
time to give a clown an artifact beaker of oxygen with a straw in it so he doesn't have to take his mask off to survive a depressurized room
(04-04-2016, 04:07 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: time to give a clown an artifact beaker of oxygen with a straw in it so he doesn't have to take his mask off to survive a depressurized room

Why does this fit the game. It just does.

Alternatively, make anyone who drinks oxygen suffer from hyperoxia and take nasty toxin damage along with not needing internals. Would only work for on-consumption of oxygen, so hopefully it wouldn't turn the oxygen reagent into the new radium or something stupid like that.
Can vampires stick straws in people?
(04-04-2016, 06:56 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Can vampires stick straws in people?

Why not? Would be perfect medal fodder.
While I don't necessarily disagree with the idea, both scientists and the barman already have ready access to both beakers and bottles/other glassware. Turning a beaker into a drinkable container saves you a couple seconds of pouring, it's not going to break the balance of the game any.

Also drinking pure oxygen doesn't cure oxygen damage.
At the very least, I think straws would be a neat addition to bartender drinks. Just stick one in, and when the person drinks it plays a sound like this