Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Fried Cooking & Scalding Temperature
Food is one of the most important things in space, which is why I must bring up the scalding temperature of all deep fried foods. No matter how long an esteemed chef lets the food cool, it remains too hot! It is very embarrassing to serve such food! 

I have tried storing such food in the freezer to no avail. I haven't tried Cryostylane, but that seems like a very extreme cooking procedure. 

Please let my fried food cool down before my kitchen gets raided and destroyed by space people.
Hot food oughta have some kind of indication of it's temperature before eating. Maybe some text on inspection, or visible steam coming off it.
semi-related but leaving a drink on a table with a lit candle heats the drink indefinitely, I keep picking up beers and then nearly dying from scalding

boiling hot beer tastes like ass too
I know this sounds crazy, but you can cool off fried foods in the sink before serving it.
oh my god
(04-02-2016, 11:19 AM)Vunterslaush Wrote: I know this sounds crazy, but you can cool off fried foods in the sink before serving it.
This feels like a wonderfully Byond solution.

(04-02-2016, 10:51 AM)Weavel Wrote: semi-related but leaving a drink on a table with a lit candle heats the drink indefinitely, I keep picking up beers and then nearly dying from scalding

Byond seems to have problems in dealing with temperatures. It tries too hard and causes problems in the end.

This is like on cogmap1 where the pile of med-beakers could be heated to lethal temperatures if the light the pile was under broke, because the sparks from the light breaking are apparently hot enough to do that. End result was burning your likely-already-injured medical patients if you used them and were unlucky.
(04-02-2016, 11:33 AM)Mageziya Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 11:19 AM)Vunterslaush Wrote: I know this sounds crazy, but you can cool off fried foods in the sink before serving it.
This feels like a wonderfully Byond solution.

(04-02-2016, 10:51 AM)Weavel Wrote: semi-related but leaving a drink on a table with a lit candle heats the drink indefinitely, I keep picking up beers and then nearly dying from scalding

Byond seems to have problems in dealing with temperatures. It tries too hard and causes problems in the end.

This is like on cogmap1 where the pile of med-beakers could be heated to lethal temperatures if the light the pile was under broke, because the sparks from the light breaking are apparently hot enough to do that. End result was burning your likely-already-injured medical patients if you used them and were unlucky.

Yep, I've been burned to death by silver sulfadizine from a beaker that a wizard apparently fireballed because the guy splashing it on me didn't realize it was literally boiling my flesh off faster than it healed.
Simple solution, add a *blowon emote that lets you blow on your scalding hot deepfried toolbox, beaker of chemicals, or even slightly overwarmed healing patch. It'd just be a ghetto way of lowering temperatures without a chemistry heater. Something something cryokinesis mutation makes the temperature drop go from something tiny like -5 to -50
Tim Horton rolls on the floor attempting to extinguish the flames.
Stan Beezlebub grabs Tim Horton.
Stan Beezlebub grabs Tim Horton aggressively.
Stan Beezlebub blows on Tim Horton.

Stan Beezlebub  says "There. All better."
(04-04-2016, 06:25 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Tim Horton rolls on the floor attempting to extinguish the flames.
Stan Beezlebub grabs Tim Horton.
Stan Beezlebub grabs Tim Horton aggressively.
Stan Beezlebub blows on Tim Horton.

Stan Beezlebub  says "There. All better."

Except in coding terms this would probably just reduce his temperature, which would cause him to take even more burn damage than he would previously. Which is also pretty funny, to be fair.