Riverson - Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Jim Lahey or Random
BYOND Username: Riverson
Recommended by (if applicable): Arki, Readster, Haine
Times Available: Mostly 4pm till 9 or 10pm, GMT+10

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I am applying because lately I have been trying to use my knowledge of the game to help others, particularly in the medical, research and security roles. I have been playing on this server for something like 5 years now and I only play on Goonstation. I am very familiar with all aspects of the game but most of my experience is in the barman/chef roles and scientist role, and in my time playing I have put a lot of time into every role on the station. New things get added all the time and I strive to learn about them any chance I get. I am active (mostly) on IRC and I split my playtime between cogmap and destiny fairly evenly. I know the rules back to front and I know what is required of each role and how to fulfil that role. My favourite role right now is Medical Doctor, and I'm pretty good at it, from surgery to basic first aid to playing with pathology. My knowledge of chems also helps a lot with healing people or reviving the dead. I have done a lot of telesci exploration as well, including the solarium, which requires you to go to just about every away mission. Barman is my all-time favourite role, however, I believe it's the most fun. When people actually come to the bar, anyway. Making incredibly complicated drinks that may or may not be safe to the imbiber, defending the bar against renegade wizards, lings and traitors with nothing but your drinks and a riot shotgun, or playing russian roulette with the patrons and winning 5/0 all while really, really drunk is a lot of fun. All in all I think I would make a good mentor for new players and old alike, and I want to start giving something back to the Goonstation community that I have enjoyed for the last 5 years.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I've never been banned.
I approve this message as a terrible fool oaf Eng Left
paco for mentor
fuck off lahey

yeah ive seen this guy around a lot and he's not an awful person and seems pretty knowledgeable about the game

give this man purple posthaste
This is like reading a war veteran's application to play janitor.

Dunk him in purple AND toss him a beret.
Riverson would make a great mentor, he seems very knowledgeable.