Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Replace/expand Chameleon Jumpsuit with a Syndicate disguise kit
The Chameleon jumpsuit is a nifty item, and I was thinking that it could be included in a set with other items for the disguise-oriented traitor, in case you wanted to be more meticulous about your disguise without having to dedicate like four slots in your backpack for jumpsuit/shoes/hair dye or whatever.

The Syndicate disguise kit would contain:

The Chameleon jumpsuit.

A pair of chameleon shoes. No more worrying if some pubby will blow your cover by noticing that you're wearing the wrong shoes!

A chameleon backpack. In case you want to disguise as a medical doctor without tipping someone off with your grey backpack. Maybe has a unique message if you turn a backpack into a satchel.

A bottle of syndicate hair dye, which can be changed to any colour, and has enough dye to be used a 2-3 times.

A pair of syndicate scissors or a razor. Cut your own hair!!!! Or use it to cut someone else's outside of a barber's chair. Ideally you'd use it to get rid of a distinctive hairstyle if you wanted to try doing things stealthy for a change, or a ponytail/afro/whatever that would stick out of a helmet or other face-concealing item. I don't remember how cutting hair works but realistically you'd only be able to go to a hairstyle with less hair than your current one. Totally useless as a weapon.

Something else?

I feel like these items combined would not be significantly more powerful than the chameleon jumpsuit, while making it a lot more convenient to disguise yourself. There would still be plenty of unique items like hats or belts or whatever that could break your disguise to an observant bystander, but it makes inventory management less of a pain for the traitor who wants to go the extra mile.

My potential concerns are that it may be a bit too powerful for one telecrystal, and that maybe it would infringe too much on the changeling's niche?
These are amazing ideas. For sure some balancing issues but I like the idea of the shoes and to be able to cut my own hair as a traitor.
I was thinking about something like this the other day, might be fun. It is a lot for 1 tc, maybe 2 might work.

My suggestion: fake injury makeup kit. Slather on fake blood to look anything from slightly to severely injured whenever anyone examines you. Amaze your friends, confound your enemies as the badly beaten man dashes off at full speed, revolver in hand.
As a spaceman with a very distinctive hairstyle, the scissors would be very useful in my attempts to remain stealthy.
(03-30-2016, 05:36 AM)Dastardly Wrote: My potential concerns are that it may be a bit too powerful for one telecrystal, and that maybe it would infringe too much on the changeling's niche?

Well, for the cost of 1 TC you can buy an agent ID, which gives you access to the listening post. If you have enough money, which is easy enough to get gambling for a bit, from there you can buy a several items to help disguise yourself, including one that generates a random name and appearance each time it's used.
I think the chameleon jumpsuit should remain it's own item, but also come as part of this kit which should cost more.
I like the idea, but I'd give it a higher TC cost and include some other items as well.

4 TC.
  • 1x Syndicate chameleon gel bottle™
  • 1x Syndicate chameleon body suit™
  • 1x Agent ID

Syndicate chameleon gel bottle

A simple pump style bottle which contains gelified chameleon extract, can be used on a wide range of items to allow their appearance to change, has 10 uses.
  • Backpack
  • PDA
  • Headset
  • Uniform
  • Suit
  • Boots
  • Glasses
  • Hats
  • Masks
  • Guns
  • Gloves
Syndicate chameleon body suit

A state of the art full body suit, the outer layer is made of woven chameleon extract infused silk, comes with batteries! Allows you to change your skin colour, hair colour and style, and make you look damaged! Just stick a battery in one of your pockets and keep it powered!
(03-30-2016, 12:05 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: I like the idea, but I'd give it a higher TC cost and include some other items as well.

4 TC.
  • 1x Syndicate chameleon gel bottle™
  • 1x Syndicate chameleon body suit™
  • 1x Agent ID

Syndicate chameleon gel bottle

A simple pump style bottle which contains gelified chameleon extract, can be used on a wide range of items to allow their appearance to change, has 10 uses.
  • Backpack
  • PDA
  • Headset
  • Uniform
  • Suit
  • Boots
  • Glasses
  • Hats
  • Masks
  • Guns
  • Gloves
Syndicate chameleon body suit

A state of the art full body suit, the outer layer is made of woven chameleon extract infused silk, comes with batteries! Allows you to change your skin colour, hair colour and style, and make you look damaged! Just stick a battery in one of your pockets and keep it powered!

I feel like some items are unique and shouldn't mimickable, like the captains hat, HoS's beret, Detective's hat, etc., and that you shouldn't be able to change your skin colour or apparent gender. There should be some limitation to disguising, so that if someone can give a physical description to security, they can potentially use deduction to narrow down the list of possible impostors. Also being able to turn guns into inconspicuous objects seems really powerful.
I like it. Concerns I've had for it have been noted.

Really, just the ability to change your hair and jumpsuit would fool most. I don't mind this being somewhat cheap because it comes with an unlisted price requirement -- creativity. It reinforces a playstyle I'd like to see more of.
a long time ago it had a much wider selection of jumpsuits available and then was neutered for no reason

i think it could be made a lot better if it came with a chameleon hat, gloves, and shoes though
How about instead of a bunch of separate items, how about an item that you extend over yourself to bring up a customization window. And then when someone sees you hiding in maintenance in a dumb looking tube thing they can push you over and call you a nerd.

(best picture I could find)

[Image: 6-feet-play-tunnel-toy-tent-child-kids-t...tube-9.gif]

Also if something is added, still keep around the old chameleon suit.