Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LLJK#1 New Sprites?
Does anyone know when LLJK#1 (a.k.a the RP server) is getting the new wall/window/airlock sprites? I know they aren't exactly vital, but they add a certain something. They look nice and its more immersive to have the perspective be consistant all across the board!
The RP server actually uses different sprites than were used on Cogmap1. They were specially made for that server.
I love the overall layout of Destiny, but I love the aesthetics of cogmap2. I'd be super keen on destiny getting the super nice aesthetics, it'd be great. My opinion, though.
I actually quite like the Destiny walls. I think they fit the whole spaceship thing much more and I rather have them then the cogmap2 walls.
(03-26-2016, 10:41 PM)Rorimor Wrote: its more immersive to have the perspective be consistant all across the board!

Consistent perspective?? Ahahah. We never finished the perspective overhaul, it's not consistent at all.

Also Gannets made the walls and doors special for Destiny, so no, it's not getting the cog2 ones. The map also wasn't built for the new perspective, so they wouldn't actually work well with it. cog2 was built around not being able to put things on the southern walls of a room, Destiny was not.
(03-27-2016, 07:01 AM)Haine Wrote: cog2 was built around not being able to put things on the southern walls of a room, Destiny was not.

completely forgot this would be a problem, whoops
Yeah, we decided to stick to the old perspective when we were outfitting Destiny, since it was gonna' go live prior to Cog2 releasing with Norn's new perspective sprites. They are two fairly different beasts at this point!
(03-27-2016, 07:01 AM)Haine Wrote: Consistent perspective?? Ahahah. We never finished the perspective overhaul, it's not consistent at all.
On that note, is there a list of sprites that need to be resprited? With the addition of the patches section, people right now seem eager to pitch in anything that they can to the server, be it a small feature or a small sprite.
There's no list that I know of. If you can see something on the map in the old perspective, chances are there isn't a sprite for it in the new perspective.