Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bomb Recipe
I accidentally stumbled across a new gas combination that would make a better bomb than the superheated plasma/oxy combination. I was playing on Hippie Station 13 at the time that I made the new bomb. The "Detonator" is simply a mixture of plasma, oxygen, and N2O (Not sure if neccessary, never got the chance to test) heated in the mixing room.  Once the mix reaches its highest temperature, pump it into an empty canister, then load a plasma tank into the canister and open the valve. Now, what is interesting is that there is seemingly no cap as to how high the pressure can get inside the plasma tank, I managed to get it to 30000 kpa. The canister actually started leaking plasma and almost killed me.
Anyways, for the second tank of the bomb, just use a mixture of 50% plasma and 50% oxygen. Attach them to a tank transfer valve and set up the detonator, and your bomb is ready (Though is will leak and burn you for a while).

Link to an image of what happened after I put the bomb into a mass driver and didn't set the timer properly:
http://imgur.com/BhlEwfO
 The normal bomb mixture produces a smaller explosion.
Have you actually tried this on goon? I am fairly sure that the explosion code is different on Hippie.
Aye. TTVs (here) have low, easily obtainable caps. Easy enough that you can reach it without even setting foot in toxins or engineering. I've put a full tank of ?e+14c plasma with a full tank of -2??c oxygen. Still a 9x9.

Canbombs are fairly straight-forward (and huge), but require about 45-50 minutes to cook in toxins or engineering. Especially with how you have to 'fix' the chambers because reasons.
I think that 12x12 TTVs can actually be reached, but it requires pushing the pressure of the tanks beyond the usual 1025 limit and is generally a pain in the ass to do and also risks blowing yourself the hell up if you do it wrong/recklessly.

I still haven't learned how to do canister bombs. Best I've managed is a ... 9x9, which of course can be achieved with TTVs.  v
(03-26-2016, 05:13 PM)Mageziya Wrote: I think that 12x12 TTVs can actually be reached, but it requires pushing the pressure of the tanks beyond the usual 1025 limit and is generally a pain in the ass to do and also risks blowing yourself the hell up if you do it wrong/recklessly.

I still haven't learned how to do canister bombs. Best I've managed is a ... 9x9, which of course can be achieved with TTVs.  v

The main issue with Canbombs I've found is getting the pressure to just below rupturing the canister while still having a super high temperature I've found. If it goes too high your canister cracks early and sprays flaming death all over you.