Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling blood from floors and gibs doesn't react to heat.
Not sure if its a bug or an oversight, but yeah. You can scoop up changeling blood from a pile of gibs or blood on the floor and it won't react to heat. Seems like it should since its a way to verify that someone killed a changeling and not a regular person.
While I can see the validity of using the blood that a changeling sheds for this purpose, a gibbed changeling is uh... well if you gibbed it and you weren't absolutely sure it was a changeling before you did it, you have bigger things to worry about than whether it was an alien or not.
(03-27-2016, 03:37 PM)Houka Wrote: While I can see the validity of using the blood that a changeling sheds for this purpose, a gibbed changeling is uh... well if you gibbed it and you weren't absolutely sure it was a changeling before you did it, you have bigger things to worry about than whether it was an alien or not.

I don't know about that. I feel that if people knew there was a changeling, it would be useful to be able to confirm that a gibbed body was once it. If people didn't know about this bug, they could even end up instigating hunts for an alien that isn't even there, since it seems pretty common sense. I could easily see a ling getting gibbed by being in the wrong place at the wrong time in a mixed round.
(03-27-2016, 03:37 PM)Houka Wrote: While I can see the validity of using the blood that a changeling sheds for this purpose, a gibbed changeling is uh... well if you gibbed it and you weren't absolutely sure it was a changeling before you did it, you have bigger things to worry about than whether it was an alien or not.

The situation in question that brought this up was another player crushering another, which I witnessed, but had not witnessed the crushed player doing anything changeling like. So I tried to investigate in order to confirm it was a good player killing a ling, and not just a traitor killing someone and using a cover story. The blood didn't react, though, even though the person was confirmed as a changeling through other means. So it can affect a round even when everybody's playing nice with the rules.
I can't see any reason not to add this. Sounds neat.
I could have sworn I've seen smart detectives pop a shot at super suspicious runners only to use their floor blood to confirm ling status with booze. I always liked that. Loved it, actually.
Seems like a good idea, but let's not encourage detectives to shoot first with lethal rounds and then justify it after the fact any more than they already do.
(03-28-2016, 09:35 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I could have sworn I've seen smart detectives pop a shot at super suspicious runners only to use their floor blood to confirm ling status with booze. I always liked that. Loved it, actually.

I feel like the way this report is worded, it's specifically talking about the blood stains from a gibbing corpse, as a corpse leaves blood and gibs on the surrounding floors.
fixed iirc