Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Ben Dover
BYOND Username: FastKarz
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: Past 3 PM on weekdays other than Tuesday, past 4 PM on Tuesday, and past 10 AM weekends (EST)

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I have been on Goonstation for about a year now, although I haven't payed much attention to how long I have been playing. I'd like to think people on the server know me by now, but that's probably not true. I am merely one of the many silly named spacemen, bent on causing havoc and destruction in space. I took a break from Goonstation when I felt like trying other servers, and then came back when I realized that they were less fun. Since then, I've risen to become a slightly above average player (I think please don't hurt me), that is capable of not being entirely incompetent. I remember when I was a pub scrub assistant who spent his first round drinking vomit off of the bar's floor on Cogmap 1, having barely figured out how stumble into the bar. The reason I applied is to stop people that don't know anything about the game, and have to resort to things like this for fun. Having someone to explain to you how to deconstruct a table, or how to buckle yourself into the shuttle is something that seems small, but is invaluable in a game like SS13. I remember googling three different wikis before I finally found out how to buckle yourself into a shuttle seat. Knowing ridiculous mistakes in Space Station 13 for all sorts of things (Especially bomb making) is one of my strong suits (because I made a lot of mistakes Jesus Christ), and so I think I can see from a pleb screb perspective, and understand how to help new players adapt to SS13. Overall, I think that I could be suited to the role of mentor, and hope that I make it onto the team. Oh yeah, also I don't want a blue name in OOC. Makes me seem like a scrub.
Woops I haven't checked the mentor applications in a while or I would have seen this.

I recognize the name and he wasn't an awful person. So yes, I guess?
Ben Dover is a cool guy and fun to play with. I have watched him from time to time and he definitely knows various fields within the station. He even helped me with a cake that a needy customer demanded, due to me dying by my own hand because I messed up the cake icing.
Ben Dover has always struck me as competent in the past, and he doesn't seem like the kind that would do anything untoward with things going on in mentorhelp.

I cannot personally say whether or not he is helpful, but he does know how to kick back and chill in any role I've seen him in.

Yes from me.
I've learned a couple things from ol ben. Helpful player and has been around at least as much as me. purps
He's been around, isn't terrible, and knows things. Yes.  Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re
Ben does seem very knowledgeable.

I think he'd make a good mentor.
Saw he put up this application and decide to stalk/observe him for a while. Looked like he knew his stuff. Should be alright
(04-15-2016, 11:23 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: He's been around, isn't terrible, and knows things. Yes.  Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

hell yeah man