Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geneticists can fully access the entire medical bay, and pathology.
Geneticists should not be able to access surgery and pathology imo.
I've always been fine with this. I get the problem is that geneticists are hated-turbo nerds who could further abuse their powers by their access to sweet healing items, surgery, and dastardly pathos, but access to medbay has never really been a potential for huge abuses of power.

Geneticists are often too engrossed in their work to actually realize that they can access medbay. Geneticists being shut-ins is still a real thing, and they'll only really go to medbay if the monkeys are extra cranky or they screw up something.

Other times, they're nice stand-in doctors who can help you with enough coaxing if you're injured and don't have medical access. It can take a bit of radio chatter, but generally if medbay is empty and you're missing a limb you can get a geneticist to reattach said limb for you.

The access is probably a bit further than it needs to be, I've even thought that at points, but I've never brought it up because its not really that big of a deal. I think they even had this level of access during the entirety of Cog1 and it never seemed to be a factor in the turbo-nerd problem genetics encountered for a bit.
I'm apathetic; it just means more BnE.

(Biomass and Enter)
I can understand giving geneticists access to the area with the medkits and nanomed, but surgery and pathology is really unnecessary, worst case scenario they can get the AI to buzz them in like everyone else.
Fairly ambivalent on this, while I'm always happy to fuck over geneticists some more I don't think the added access is particularly abuseable. Simply being able to enter pathology is the least of the problems involved in using pathology, and being able to enter surgery allows for more horrible monkey experiments. Even on Cog1 surgery and pathology were general areas that any medical personnel could enter, and there was rarely an issue with this - largely because no one uses pathology ever, and the geneticists are nerds who won't leave their room.

Also, there are often more geneticists than standard medical personnel, especially on low pop rounds.
i don't see why this is an issue

i mean where else am i gonna get bedsheets to put over the monkeys so they dont freak out and murder me
I think it's worth mentioning that geneticists are part of medbay on Destiny.