Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give the MD the Medical Backpack/Satchel.
They are awesome, underused sprites and the MD really should have them.
The regular doctors all start with medical backpacks, I'm not sure how underused they are.  I always kinda felt it was more appropriate for the MD to have a regular one, as well.
I just feel that the MD could use it as it would help better denote someone doctoring (which the MD does more than a little bit). Also the grey on the white labcoat isn't a great look in my opinion.
I would welcome anything that distinguishes jobs from each other slightly more and makes sloppy lings easier to spot (even if the crew is inattentive enough for that not to matter on most rounds.)
I think the MD is better with the regular one. The MD is more of the hospital director rather than elbow-deep-in-blood doctor type. Plus a white backpack would clash horribly with the MD's extra-snazzy suits.

I think Dions should get the final word on this, though.
I was the super MD before Dions even played why isn't my say final enough you FUCKS  Argh!
Cover something with enough mustard and it eventually becomes the mustard.

That being said, I agree that the standard backpack works better with the MD. Well, maybe a satchel (grey) would do better. While I would like to see more job related backpacks, I think that could be done better by using some of the sprites that are already created for them. Too lazy to look for the threads, but I'm pretty sure there's more than one post with them.
Just a quick note to throw at this, but there is a locker in Medbay full of medical satchels and backpacks. I just grab one there to be honest.
What about a heavy brown satchel, something like this?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...a10d09.jpg
(03-09-2016, 11:11 AM)Sundance Wrote: What about a heavy brown satchel, something like this?

I like this idea more since the medical backpacks/satchels are available in the medbay uniform lockers as Weavel already mentioned. 

Reminds me of the days when doctors made house calls.
(03-09-2016, 11:11 AM)Sundance Wrote: What about a heavy brown satchel, something like this?

That is amazing. Sort of old-timey but has a lot of flavor.
Haine was the reason i chose to step up to MD, and stay that way even though everyone are horrible monsters, so pay your respects before you wind up with a chest cavity full of diet coke and mentos.

As much as I like the medic satchel, I always liked the MD's old school doctor sort of vibe. Also a grey satchel and bag is more professional for when you gotta go to the bridge. And yeah what greyshift said about the MD being more the administrator (even though i tend to be in on the action). It's like Dr. Kelso on scrubs, you never see him in scrubs or anything cus he's supposed to be the big cheese and look professional and important, and doesn't even perform surgery or anything. Much rather have an  otorhinolaryngologist's mirror and a stethoscope to wear around the neck, maybe a reflex testing mallet!
(03-19-2016, 01:53 AM)Dions Wrote: and doesn't even perform surgery or anything.

My primary gimmick as MD is using my extended access to build robo-organs and limbs against the will of the robuttocists and turn people into robo-cop.

Even though I could just do that as a robotocist, people trust the MD more.
(03-19-2016, 08:21 AM)Mageziya Wrote: Even though I could just do that as a robotocist, people trust the MD more.

that's because after multiple years of roboticists being crazy Dr. Octopus cyborg masters with an army of butts, people are wary of the whole "hey come get your limbs cut off" idea
The Theory: The MD is supposed to be the Medical Director who delegates action and makes sure all the ducks are in a row.

The Reality: The MD is, if not the only Medical staff, the only one that heals anybody. The Roboticists are too busy growing their buttbot collection and turning themselves into in ATV. Geneticists are toiling away at making themselves some horrible superfreak via screaming chorus monkeys somehow. The plain MDs are off injecting people with styptic or healing a precrit burn victim with 3 autoinjectors of atropine.

Honestly though, the only notable thing I've done as MD was making butts illegal (methaneisbad4u) with the help of an enterprising HoS who sought to make bank via butt licenses.