Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Misunderstanding (GorillaMyDreams)
Not really a complaint so much as trying to get some clarity on a situation that occurred on Sunday, March 20th.

The situation unfolded as follows:
(Names omitted because that's not what this is about.)

Started shift as Captain on Destiny with skeleton crew: maybe five players total. I'm doing some telescience exploring with a crew mate who dies. I return to the station, recall the shuttle and clone him. As I'm cloning him, someone is saying an officer has been murdered outside security but the person who did it has been apprehended. I begin cloning the officer and recall the shuttle once more.

I make my way to security to see what happened and find the HOP there with the prisoner who has been stripped naked and left in a cell with no timer. I start asking what happened and toss the prisoner some clothes; he's polite and cooperative the entire time. Around this time, the cloned officer shows up and begins demanding we execute the prisoner and basically repeats this a few times over as I declare we'll have a trial to decide a verdict. I figure it's a good way to keep everyone engaged without flat out releasing an obvious traitor (keeping in spirit with the rules of the server: make it fun for everyone). We start the trial, all the while the officer saying execute him over and over. The HOP takes on the role of judge and despite my best efforts to get another crew member to volunteer as the prisoner's lawyer, no one steps up. I decided that I would be his lawyer just to keep things moving along and so this poor kid isn't just hung out to dry by an obviously bloodthirsty sec officer.

The trial proceeds, the sec officer flat out admits that he randomly decided to stun the prisoner with his baton, without any reason for doing so and began searching him. (I guess during this scuffle the prisoner had woken up, gotten his gun and killed the officer in retaliation but it was never clarified) I point out how it's against space law, just trying to play the part of a good lawyer and realizing that this security officer is abusing his role. While we're all still talking I walk over to the cage where the prisoner is to talk with him up close and the sec officer starts tasing me, cuffs me, and then begins parading me around for a few minutes before dragging me to sec and stripping me naked and tossing me in a cell with no timer. Somewhere in there he's pelting me with the stun baton repeatedly.

Here's where the misunderstanding occurred.

I was obviously frustrated by this and having the sec officer say nothing but you're helping a traitor (backing up my original suspicions of him just being over the top) and the HOP standing with his head up his butt doing nothing. I had words with them and decide to ahelp it.

Now at this point I mention I'm going to ahelp it in the hopes that I won't have to do so because they'll realize how they're overreacting and leaving me in a cell without a timer for a good ten minutes at this point already but no luck. I believe my words in the ahelp were: "overzealous officer beating people and arresting me for no reason"

I sent a followup mentioning the timer I think and another asking "anybody?" After getting no response for what felt like an eternity at the time. I do realize I should have been more patient in waiting for a response there.

I get a response initially from blackjack, I believe but then gorilla stepped in. He chastised me for lying, saying that the officer wasn't beating anyone and that "we (being admins) don't take kindly to liars." I apologized for the miscommunication and clarified that I saw being struck repeatedly by a stun baton while in cuffs as being beaten but I wouldn't make the mistake in the future. There was some back and forth with my being sincere and hopefully not being taken as sarcastic in my apologies along the way while trying to find some resolution.

Nothing happens so far as I can tell and I'm left naked in the brig with no timer and the officer and HOP watching over me. They begin discussing whether or not to kill me and after another 15 minutes or so begin shooting me with the shotgun and attempt to use the Derringer as well. (Worth mentioning that while the initial complaint was being discussed I added to it that the HOP had been making sexual comments all round, to which nothing was said) HOP keeps up with his commentary and they drag me out of the cell. I ahelp again saying they're killing me now (no exaggeration) and then a ten minute process occurs in which the officer dissapears with all of my gear that he previously stole and donned; my cuffs disappear, the HOP stabs me repeatedly as I ask him to stop since it's obviously admin intervention. HOP is whisked away and I get a response that the HOP has been asked to lay off of me.

Soooo. Long story for this point: why was I treated in what felt like a threatening way for ahelping and trying to rectify a situation that was obviously outside of the rules and heart of the server?

If I've truly erred please tell me how and I will take corrective action to not repeat it in the future. I truly enjoy playing on goon servers but there is a tendency from time to time where it feels like players who try to keep within the lines get put in the crosshairs and it can be disheartening.

PS: Please forgive me if I'm recalling any part of this event incorrectly as it's not my intention to lie or get anyone in trouble here. I would just like some clarity and I figure the best way is for everyone to start on the same page with what occured.