Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The State of Goon
The dream of a perfectly smooth SS13 has been crushed again, for now. Further testing shows the lag fixing code is working fine, and it's fixing the parts it applies to, but the rest of the game is still overtaxing the BYOND server somehow. I have no idea exactly why or I'd fix it. If anyone else wants to take a look at the code and find performance issues it'd be greatly appreciated, I'm certainly not satisfied with the current performance.
(03-18-2016, 06:52 PM)magic mountain Wrote: If anyone else wants to take a look at the code and find performance issues it'd be greatly appreciated, I'm certainly not satisfied with the current performance.

You know where you can find me, more than willing to help since i've got a lot of spare time this weekend, are there any noteworthy changes that have been done since the last push to the public 510 branch?
Be careful Hanson,

I hear angering the mighty Lag'thulu itself is a fate worse than death.
(03-18-2016, 06:52 PM)magic mountain Wrote: The dream of a perfectly smooth SS13 has been crushed again, for now. Further testing shows the lag fixing code is working fine, and it's fixing the parts it applies to, but the rest of the game is still overtaxing the BYOND server somehow. I have no idea exactly why or I'd fix it. If anyone else wants to take a look at the code and find performance issues it'd be greatly appreciated, I'm certainly not satisfied with the current performance.
Hey just wanted to say that I witness things with the 510 beta from your testing on IRC. You spammed explosions for a good ten minutes. So I for sure see the progress you made on making somethings better.
So I see the progress 510 has made and thank you
The lag has been fixed again. That fucking bird Rejoice. That fucking bird

(The chunked map sending messed it up in the latest 510 beta, the first lag fix was tested on an earlier version)
Mother of god I just tried running on LLJK 5 where there are 20 people running about and it was running fucking flawlessly. As smooth as the initial testing, if not smoother.

Lag actually seems dead. It works. Why aren't we screaming louder about this?!
I'm internet-old; HYPE just doesn't have the same effect on me it used to.

I'll have to do some stress tests. Capped canbombs. Thousands of bees. Sumoku. All on a fully loaded server. Regardless, major thanks for working on this guys.
I am disappointed that this thread is not titled State of the Goonion.
Don't you have mod powers on this board? I'm pretty certain if you edit the main post you can edit the title through that.
So yeah. Two capped canbombs only really lagged during the explosions. A monkey worth of bees also preformed amazingly well with around 30 people on. Just the fact that I can canbomb without ruining the rest of the (short) round is amazing.