Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Infinite Healing Patches
I noticed this happening last night as well and figured it was a one time deal because of a disaster round.

Logged on today and noticed it's still happening: using a styptic powder or silver sulf. patch and it remains in my hand and is able to be applied to myself and others multiple times. It lasts a while and eventually disappears but there's quite a delay.

This is happening on Destiny, by the way.
Stacking cash is also broken at the moment it seems.
(03-16-2016, 06:52 PM)lambskin Wrote: Stacking cash is also broken at the moment it seems.

It's not broken for me. Are you sure you are stacking correctly?
(03-16-2016, 07:30 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 06:52 PM)lambskin Wrote: Stacking cash is also broken at the moment it seems.

It's not broken for me. Are you sure you are stacking correctly?
It says that I stack some cash but the cash doesn't actually combine.
I did a quick code dive as i had a hard time falling asleep, and it seems that this would only happen when the server is under a high load, the following happens when you apply a styptic powder patch to someone.
  • var/in_use is set to 1.
  • reagents.reaction(M, TOUCH) is called without a volume modifier, which simply calls reaction_mob, which then in turn heals the affected mob via M.HealDamage("All", volume_passed, 0) using 40 units of styptic powder.
  • reagents.trans_to(M, reagents.total_volume/2) is then called, which simply transfers 50% of the reagents into the affected mob, which then allows the next mob loop tick to call on_mob_life for the styptic powder reagent which then in turn calls M.HealDamage("All", 2, 0)
  • var/in_use is set to 0.
  • qdel(src) is called, which queues the patch for deletion.
So, you should technically be able to utilize a styptic powder patch twice, before it runs out of uses.
Nice, Erik. You're a pro! I stand by my sentiments. Haha.

I was able to use it upwards of ten times. It stayed for a good 30 seconds.
This is something that's been around a while but has been exacerbated by the recent process scheduler improvements. Getting two (sometimes more) uses out of patches during heavy lag was an occasional chance thing, but apparently the new scheduler has delayed cleanup considerably more and considerably more often.
You get a similar effect with golden stickers.
hey did this get fixed guys?
i vaguely remember fixing this a few months ago
(12-05-2017, 02:07 PM)mbc Wrote: i vaguely remember fixing this a few months ago

cool thanks dude